World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for b*ggering off early, but I couldn't stand the excitement. Also, given I was driving, I didn't really want to tempt myself in a pub.
Anyway, it was nice to see old friends again and to meet new ones. Pity there weren't a few more fish about, but we knew we'd struggle, given the weather.
Wasn't it bloody hot?!!

Stu

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Nice to see you too stu.
We (flathead, Dave Oldman, Big guy and leeboy) left right on 4 o'clock. Conditions today were not good, too bright and calm. We had nothing really to register as being a worth while catch. Some reports will probably follow this shortly.
As you said, bloody hot. A few pink bods out there this evening.

Tone

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
So who won? Did the Kent boys triumph in essex's backyard?
Dont be so silly, Essex won again. the fishing was crap due to the weather and the crabs. Flatty won with a rockling (thats how bad the fishing was).

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Did ya blank then Tone??? Gonna hit the bridge or Leysdown tomo for a few hrs :p
Didn't blank! Nothing worth registering, all undersize. Was nearly the same for everyone.

You best use all them crabs this year and not let them go to waste again. Let me know how you get on tomorrow.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got about 50 here, will get some more weds or thurs, will put a lock on the freezer this time so they dont get defrosted!!!!

G

·
Nice to see you too stu.
We (flathead, Dave Oldman, Big guy and leeboy) left right on 4 o'clock. Conditions today were not good, too bright and calm. We had nothing really to register as being a worth while catch. Some reports will probably follow this shortly.
As you said, bloody hot. A few pink bods out there this evening.

Tone
oi tone,what about my 23cm rockling???????fish of a lifetime that mate:uhuh: :g: :nonono:

yeah,we had it away on our toe's a bit quick.and i look like a bleedin lobster too!:yucky: .......dave.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
oi tone,what about my 23cm rockling???????fish of a lifetime that mate:uhuh: :g: :nonono:

yeah,we had it away on our toe's a bit quick.and i look like a bleedin lobster too!:yucky: .......dave.
your not the only one locking like a lobster dave! cor was it hot!!
only just walked in! i managed to do a 300 mile round trip that should have been more like 235 miles. dont know were the other 65 came from

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts

That was a massize rockling I measured for you it the highlight of my day.

As for a report it was a decent turn out from both teams although Essex outnumbered the Kent team. The weather as already mentioned on this post was hot with most people keeping their bait in cool boxes with beach buddies and brollies also helping keeping bait in the shade. The fish were there and wanted to play at the begining of the match but the fish were all undersize. As high tide arrived the fish disappeared and the crabs arrived enmass. Every hook was stripped within minutes and the lack of tide pull kept the crab within casting distance of everybody. As the day got longer it was obvious that two sizeable fish would win the comp although I was still hopeing for a doggie to win the comp in style. Alas it was not to be as at the end I with the majority of the fishermen drawing a blank on sizeable fish.
On a negative note, my brother in law was fishing for the 1st time in 30 years and as you can imagine his casting wasn't all that. It didnt help with one of the Kent lads casting over him while using a smal. weight with the legs up and then reeling him in 3 times. The 2nd and 3rd time the Kent lad decided to leave the rig on the beach without giving any notice of what had happened. To the kent lad who done this you are an ass.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Did you get lost slayer? Was a cracking day, shame the fishing was so poor. Thats normally the case with days like today.
over shot th cafe in the morning i went to the beach first thinking that was where the cafe was, and over shot the A12 on the way home.
oh well im home now

G

·
wern't me!!!!!!

glad that fishy made your day jay,the fight it put up was the stuff of legends.deffo one to remember!:lmao: .....dave.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
wern't me!!!!!!

glad that fishy made your day jay,the fight it put up was the stuff of legends.deffo one to remember!:lmao: .....dave.
I did see your rod bent double and you struggling for ages trying to land it. It remainded me of a pouting I once caught.

G

·
Another cracking day, lots of fun, not so many fish,

and for Mark;

"Bloody get over it, it was 80mm too small" :lmao:

Fondest regards to you all :clap3:

Ubd

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Are we waiting on alan putting up a full report? With pictures and all that?

I didnt blank which to be honest was a bloody miracle! I had a nice schoolie bass of 32cm (only 10cm to short to count:schmoll: ), a whiting and my master triumph of the day a rockling which managed to grab me 3rd place yeeeee haaaaa. Like jassy said, if you ,manage to win or get anywhere with a rockling the fishing must be bad!:blink:

I enjoyed it, apart from the flies, what was their problem!!!!!!! the sun was nice and hot (few people will be going ooh, aaah, aarrrgh when trying to get comfy in bed tonight {the sunburn people the sunburn, dirty gits!} hehe).

I had to give alant and neilt a few pointers in the arts of casting :bleh: :D
they got the hang of it in the end:) .

Im currently writing a letter to the RNLI asking for neils line back, with an apology on the end for decapitating one of the crew.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts