World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 6 weeks away from another Southampton boat show.

I'll be in the usual place on the water hoping to catch up with any forum members wether they are my mates or just to say hello properly and face to face with people I've "debated with" on here.

I won't say what I'll be displaying suffice to say we should have 13 boats on show, all on the water with several new models and a couple of world debuts. I am dissapointed to say that once again the powers that be have chosen not to show a Marlin of any sort, but anyone who fancies a friendly chat please come and say hi.

Best days for a few minutes natter will be anyday midweek, as weekends are normally fairly busy.

I am sure the usuall suspects will drop by, but anyone who is down that I haven't met, even if we don't always see eye to eye, it's great to actually say hello. At least that way we know who we are disagreeing with!

Hope to see you at the show.

Tom

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've spent way too much on boats and boaty things recently
Likewise - but i'm not even finished building yet :icecream:

Plus i went to the commercial show at southampton a while back....
(waste of time)

Dont worry Tom. We'll catch up one day. :fishing:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Chuck us some tickets in the post and I'll come down Tom.??:hug:

Don't know if Mark will send me some, being a premier customer and all that!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will not be there this year as i am off to Ireland at around the same time. Plus if I went there I just know I would end up spending money I can not afford on something I do not need:wallbash:.

15,082 Posts
Only 6 weeks away from another Southampton boat show.

I'll be in the usual place on the water hoping to catch up with any forum members wether they are my mates or just to say hello properly and face to face with people I've "debated with" on here.

I won't say what I'll be displaying suffice to say we should have 13 boats on show, all on the water with several new models and a couple of world debuts. I am dissapointed to say that once again the powers that be have chosen not to show a Marlin of any sort, but anyone who fancies a friendly chat please come and say hi.

Best days for a few minutes natter will be anyday midweek, as weekends are normally fairly busy.

I am sure the usuall suspects will drop by, but anyone who is down that I haven't met, even if we don't always see eye to eye, it's great to actually say hello. At least that way we know who we are disagreeing with!

Hope to see you at the show.

Tom
Strange in this day and age when a lot more people are buying there own angling boats that they choose not to show a boat that seems to draw a lot of interest from anglers who are potential boat buyers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strange in this day and age when a lot more people are buying there own angling boats that they choose not to show a boat that seems to draw a lot of interest from anglers who are potential boat buyers?

Warrior and Eau are side by side at the show and both I and the Warrior boys have been hoping we'd have one of our pure fishers next door for some time. At the end of the day, whilst we compete, the styling is worlds apart and it would be nice to have to products there to compare, but the truth is fairly obvious Ron.

For Eau the profit is in bigger boats.
Next to no money is made on the little boats, but just the same amount of effort goes in to selling one.
I'd love to have them there as I love the small boats, but the reality is I'd need to sell hundreds to make a good living, but a few large ones alone keep the wolf from the door.

I have a lot of respect for the boys from Warrior or Orkney et al.
They work their wotsits off for what they achieve, but they have to sell several hundred to be successful and yet they are a relatively small brand still outside of the UK.
I don't need to discuss profit margins, but 300 £20K boats won't make you a millionaire and after overheads are paid you'll make a good living, but it won't pay masses towards the retirement fund.

Tom

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Why cant you say what you will be displaying then!!id like to know!!........wait,i already do!i have a inside informant!:secret::secret:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because if I do someone complains that I am advertising.
For information only, I will happily post what will be displayed IF I am given permission to do so.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Because if I do someone complains that I am advertising.
I will happily post what will be displayed IF I am given permission to do so.
Permission granted:hug:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hoping to make it to the the show this year so I might pop along and say hi. Always a good day out with the family even if i havnt got any money to spend. Day of dreaming never hurt!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hoping to make it to the the show this year so I might pop along and say hi. Always a good day out with the family even if i havnt got any money to spend. Day of dreaming never hurt!
It'll be nice to see you if you get down to our stretch of pontoon.
We are on the water Imperimus. Down towards the Cruise ship dock just around the bend from the second ramp towards the third ramp.

Don't know what our berth numbers are yet, but no doubt Alan will be able to tell us as he normally knows!

Tom

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Don't know what our berth numbers are yet, but no doubt Alan will be able to tell us as he normally knows!

Tom
Had a quick look but the layout map dosn`t seem available yet online

Alan

·
Registered
842 Posts
It'll be nice to see you if you get down to our stretch of pontoon.
We are on the water Imperimus. Down towards the Cruise ship dock just around the bend from the second ramp towards the third ramp.

Tom

Tom

I always thought that you are round the bend!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts