World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
there has been various reports of school bass in the river medway....scattered about but mainly i have heard of 2-3lb bass from the isle of grain...which is where i plan to fish at the weekend...post to follow...

tight lines james

·
Registered
18 Posts
rays,pollack,bass,smoothound,doggies the odd conger and the usual pouting around the shores of the isle of wight at the moment, though with the bigger tides coming up the fishing should improve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nothing much off Pagham yet Doggies,Wrasse a few Gars and Rays,no sign of the Mackerel yet.Had a couple of comps in the last few weeks and it`s been pretty disappointing.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
Plenty of fish from Brighton marina already this year. Some very big garfish in the 2lb area being taken, as well as some jumbo mackerel. Best bag to one angler so far was 24 mackerel, including 1lb plus fish, but I would think that with light winds and bigger tides for this weekend, there will be more caught. (Mostly off the short arm) Loads of herring were around, but I think they should have all moved off by the weekend. There are some bass around, there was a shoal spotted attacking herring inside the marina last week, and I watched one hunting at low water outside the fishermans Friend Cafe. Apart from that, a few plaice and flounders, wrasse becoming more common, and a couple of schoolies of the beach between the marina and the pier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi firey could you tell me what it is fishing like at pagham as you put not much is coming out but you put a list of fish up thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
been fishing each high tide for the last week, starting at low tide and fishing until 1hr after high tide, had a 3lb lesser spotted doggie, 3bass, (schoolies, 1-3 1/2lb)
a couple of nice flatties and stacks of pout and rockling. the evening/night tides are fishing better, the bass fell at 3hrs before high tide in the surf, (my target species) all fish were caught off cooden, (bexhill o/s) and returned alive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts