World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a session this evening with Jimbofisher and a few mates. Fished 6pm till 11, at a local south coast rock mark. Baits were lug, peeler, frozen sandeel, live sandeel and a few clams. Rigged up 2 rods, both on the bottom using a selection of baits. Had knocks every 10 or so mins. Jimbo fished the bottom aswell as floating live sandeel in tight. Nothing seemed to want the live eel.....shame.....as they are such a highly regarded bait.

Meanwhile we spun for a few maccy and it wasnt long before I hooked into a few. Jimbo couldnt seem to hook any.....but after an hour or two, he managed to bag one. Then his rod, heavy duty beach rod had a massive bite, rod lifted off the ground, balancing on the tripod about to get pulled in....I grabbed it, struck it and by this time jimbo had dumped his spinner which he had half retrieved and took control of the rod. Fish still pulling hard!! Then nothing, it spat the hook. Damn.
Ive been gettin well stuck into some nice gilts recently and that bite had GILT written all over it.

Oh well!!

Next fish was a small huss on lug, nicely hooked.

Weed was a problem when retrieving. The other lads had a few maccy and small pollock but nothing on the bottom.

There were many bites that went missed, untill my rod went with a nice couple of nods, so I struck into it (as you do) and started reeling, felt heavy as there was weed arount the weight and as it came close to the rocks below, its mouth gawping open, like a schoolie often does. It looked like a bass with a mouth like that then I noticed it wasnt....it wasnt silver, it was a pollack I thought but no, HELL NO!!
Im now well chuffed to say Ive broken into a new species and that being the cod!!! whoopie!! It may only have been a small codling of a pound but it was a real suprise, considering its summer here in cornwall.

Finished the night with a few more makky and a dog.
Aint fished this mark for a while but gonna have to give it a few more goes to suss it out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I only have a few things to say to this thread....and they are......

wicked fire-nice macks cooked over it

wicked company-loving the usual, your sh*t at fishing, I'm gonna out fish you banter!!

wicked new species for lugs-what the £uck is that all about!!...saw it coming in and knew it as a cod straight away, but couldn't quite believe it until it was on the bank in the headtorch light!

wicked news for lugs, getting a new species!

I've got an exam in an hour and I can't keep my eyes open, but it was worth getting out for one last night session before the baby is born!

FISH ON!!! :boat:

·
Registered
125 Posts
sounds like a good sesh, nice 1 on the cod lugs!:yeah: also got my first ever codling this year, but did have to travel miles for it! (The Humber estuary). where abouts were you guys fishing then? if you can divulge!:)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Went out for a session this evening with Jimbofisher and a few mates. Fished 6pm till 11, at a local south coast rock mark. Baits were lug, peeler, frozen sandeel, live sandeel and a few clams. Rigged up 2 rods, both on the bottom using a selection of baits. Had knocks every 10 or so mins. Jimbo fished the bottom aswell as floating live sandeel in tight. Nothing seemed to want the live eel.....shame.....as they are such a highly regarded bait.

Meanwhile we spun for a few maccy and it wasnt long before I hooked into a few. Jimbo couldnt seem to hook any.....but after an hour or two, he managed to bag one. Then his rod, heavy duty beach rod had a massive bite, rod lifted off the ground, balancing on the tripod about to get pulled in....I grabbed it, struck it and by this time jimbo had dumped his spinner which he had half retrieved and took control of the rod. Fish still pulling hard!! Then nothing, it spat the hook. Damn.
Ive been gettin well stuck into some nice gilts recently and that bite had GILT written all over it.

Oh well!!

Next fish was a small huss on lug, nicely hooked.

Weed was a problem when retrieving. The other lads had a few maccy and small pollock but nothing on the bottom.

There were many bites that went missed, untill my rod went with a nice couple of nods, so I struck into it (as you do) and started reeling, felt heavy as there was weed arount the weight and as it came close to the rocks below, its mouth gawping open, like a schoolie often does. It looked like a bass with a mouth like that then I noticed it wasnt....it wasnt silver, it was a pollack I thought but no, HELL NO!!
Im now well chuffed to say Ive broken into a new species and that being the cod!!! whoopie!! It may only have been a small codling of a pound but it was a real suprise, considering its summer here in cornwall.

Finished the night with a few more makky and a dog.
Aint fished this mark for a while but gonna have to give it a few more goes to suss it out.
ok you won the bet we made i will dig the bait when you come down my way again. when you goin to cat again

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok you won the bet we made i will dig the bait when you come down my way again. when you goin to cat again

I will be comming up within the next couple of weeks, as I have to speak to a few tutors about my project (got 17,000 more words to do between now and end of july).
Anyway, I will chuck my camping gear in the car and we could go off on a smooth-hound mission, as youve been having a few already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts