·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of my favourite marks for lure-fishing for bass was off a concrete apron, casting over rock covered ground.

I was able to go down the steps to meet the incoming tide, and eventually back up onto the apron at high water.

Then they protected the crumbling apron by dumping thousands of tons of huge granite rocks in front of it.

Now it's almost impossible to get down at low-water, and very risky fishing from the granite boulders when the tide is higher.

I don't fish there any more.

At another venue I could fish from the back of the car, or down on the sub-tidal foreshore at low water.

The ground was rich with life, bringing the fish right up to the wall (bass and cod in winter).

Again, they protected the wall by dumping tonnes of gravel onto the foreshore, creating a wide gravel beach retained by new groynes.

Now it's a shallow water venue, with a trudge down the gravel, and the fish have not returned. :(

That's why it's important to keep an eye on (and to get involved in) coastal management consultations!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.