World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be heading down to Kingsbridge area next week for the day. I know that Brixham/Berry Head will produce Wrasse but don't fancy fighting with tourists!!!:headhurt:

If anyone could point me towards a half decent Wrasse mark (prefer one which you don't have to be a mountain goat to get to it) it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's a bit hairy getting down the first time you try, and i woulldn't do it in the wet for the first time either...

but if it's a dry day, and midweek it's a beautiful spot, and you'll have the place nearly to yourself...

Personally had wrasse to 3.5lb there, me mate had a couple of 4lb+ in the last couple of weeks, and another forum member, dannyp69r i think, has had them to 6lb + in the last couple of weeks...

Rag will work down there, but better with crab, hardback or peeler...

Also chance of pollack, though i never had anything over 2lb there...it's always teeming with macky, gurnards should be about over the sand at range...

What day you down? if I'm off work i could take you down therre, help you negotiate the cliff

it is a beautiful spot

Ade

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be Monday or Tuesday next week, unfortunately will have Wife and son with me and Mrs Snag temds to be a bit of a wuss when it comes to climbing, hence the need for it to be relatively easy access.

Does sound like a good spot though.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
If you wanna get away from the crowds its a yomp i'm afraid snags although saying that a weekday won't be to bad on Berry Head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts