World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 2 all,

First post so looking forward to some replies..!?

Fished Redwick on Sunday last, Easterly wind so wasn't expecting much. My m8 caught a very nice Flounder on first cast 2hrs before high water around the 2lb mark. Nothing followed until just before high water when a stonking bite turned out to be a very p#ssed off 5-6lb Cod. Great fight but unfortunately for him he had totally swallowed the hook so had to introduce him to my fridge.

That was it apart from two small whiting on the same cast 1hr after high water, dont get me wrong If every session was like that one I would be a happy man but was wondering how everyone else is getting on in the area..? I have heard of people catching buckets of Whiting and double figure Cod - but not me..!!

Any news from fellow anglers appreciated.. maybe I have been listening to the hype from the bait sellers association too much..!?

Rgds,
Phil.

·
Registered
737 Posts
hi phill
welcome to a great site.as for the buckets of cod when you find out who are catching them give me a call so i can tag along.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Buckets Whiting And Loads Cod, I Dont Think So. Very Quiet Everywhere M8. But Hopefully They Will Come, There R Big Whiting Out There,this Year, I Myself Av Ad A Few Well Over 2lb, And Quite A Few Lads On This Site Av Ad The Same. But 4 Some Reason It As Gone Quiet.i Myself Av Seen Seagulls Having A Frenzie On The Water At The 4shore In Cardiff, But No 1 Else Has Mentioned Them.. I Am Waiting 2 Catch Some Decent Fish So I Can Look Inside Them. Apart From This I Have No Guesses As To Why It Has Gone Quiet. But There Again U Get Quiet Periods Every Year..to Me The Seagulls R Tellin Me Sprats Sprats Sprats..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to get some replies - thanx guys.

Like I said the bait shop stories do kind of get exagerated..!

Gonna give it another go this week so if any of you hit in to some action please let me know.

rgds,
Phil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts