World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m looking to head tonight to SF, never fished there before. I’ll be loaded with fresh lugs, rags and some frozen sandeels.
I wanted to know what the time you can possiblly fish the mark before and after HT. the HT tonight will be 5.13m st around 4.30am ( is it a shallow water mark? Can you reach with a cast behind the mud on what water level??) so based on this info from what time can I fish there..?
Any advice, quickly, will be highly appreciated

Thanks David

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was hoping someone will advice me but no comment came.....
I went eventually to S Fambride fishing the Crouch, I didn’t know the area is so snaggy. I have landed a decent dogfish and lost few other fish with the snag. I have lost so much tackle there... that I had to call in.
Anyone knows if also Wallasea Island is same, is the stretch of the Croutch in Essex is totally snaggy? Unfishavle?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
South fam has a snags area by the steps but if you move along downriver it gets clearer. It’s better on the flood a few hours before HW as it rips through on the ebb, you can fish at LW at certain spots there, there are slabs you can walk out on across the mud.
Go back on a big spring Low an get your tackle back :BigGrin:
Wallasea island is ok but a long walk to “the hole in the wall” where people tend to fish it !

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Joe that helps. This place I have fished (I didn’t know the mark and I came about an hour when flood began) is a tackle grave yard..! I’m sure!! I left there quit some tonight. Even the bites I had fish for sure on the other side of the line managed to snag me and to lose it all. Just because of this experience I want to go now again and fish it properly. Thanks for a info.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe I have put a google map picture from what I see. Looks like it is about a 3/4km walk east where it looks a bit clearer area, is it right?
FF765C09-D041-4116-8470-16B810496172.jpeg

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You dont have to go that far mate, red circle by steps snaggy, green area from the little hut to the corner is clearer. I’ve never ventured further than that tho I’m afraid although I know there’s people on here that fish a lot further downstream.
4DEBB734-06A5-46AC-9318-A553E3825BB4.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts