World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Fished South Fambridge yesterday with my nephew, arrived about 5pm and fished it down to low tide and an hour of the flood. Had king rag, lug, peeler and mackerel. Peeler was good for the bass but big lug baits twin tipped (both pennel hooks) with mackerel done the job for numbers of good whiting and codling.

Whiting to over 2lbs from the saltings (Rye, if you have not eaten them - post a few pictures for me). Moved to a deep water mark and the codling were sitting the in the hole. Both of us caught steady, again big Canvey lug baits on 4 o hooks sorted the codling. Good average weights - 2lbs plus.

Had one rod out for roker, fished 3/4 across, mid river and the holes in close but not one, not even a bite.

Overall great fishing, bites within a minute of being on the bottom.

Pablo, crab is the key mate, they are in now. Stopped of at Canvey Point on the way back from lug and rag digging and got about 40 good crab in an hour.

One thing i dont understand but hope i can help is why do people leave at high tide????. Three hours after high, low and first hour of the flood fish the best. South Fambridge without a doubt fishes best 2 hours before low and down to low water. You will also catch the biggest fish then.

Will be back soon as the bass are there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic of my last bass to follow

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi all

Fished South Fambridge yesterday with my nephew, arrived about 5pm and fished it down to low tide and an hour of the flood. Had king rag, lug, peeler and mackerel. Peeler was good for the bass but big lug baits twin tipped (both pennel hooks) with mackerel done the job for numbers of good whiting and codling.

Whiting to over 2lbs from the saltings (Rye, if you have not eaten them - post a few pictures for me). Moved to a deep water mark and the codling were sitting the in the hole. Both of us caught steady, again big Canvey lug baits on 4 o hooks sorted the codling. Good average weights - 2lbs plus.

Had one rod out for roker, fished 3/4 across, mid river and the holes in close but not one, not even a bite.

Overall great fishing, bites within a minute of being on the bottom.

Pablo, crab is the key mate, they are in now. Stopped of at Canvey Point on the way back from lug and rag digging and got about 40 good crab in an hour.

One thing i dont understand but hope i can help is why do people leave at high tide????. Three hours after high, low and first hour of the flood fish the best. South Fambridge without a doubt fishes best 2 hours before low and down to low water. You will also catch the biggest fish then.

Will be back soon as the bass are there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic of my last bass to follow
well done mate,
i must get out again soon!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Fished South Fambride a couple of times as a boy 25 years ago and caught flounders in the Summer. Guess I didn't know what I was missing! Must try again some time when I'm back in Essex. What's it like there at other times of year?

So true about low tide fishing, I just used to assume the fish were there at high tide only. Often noone else fishing as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts