World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i have done a touch of research before anyone has a pop, but.

Is there anyone on the forum from the Sth Hams area of devon?
a few of us from sth coast forum are coming down in sep and i fancy the Hope cove area mainly due to the very nice Pub. light tackle sessions
hopefully spinning and Float fishing and maybe
The estuary near frogmore (that little bridge?)
Kingsbridge quay for mullet?
Anywhere actually around Hope cove?

oh and is the Quay (kingsbridge pub) still trading?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
now i have done a touch of research before anyone has a pop, but.

Is there anyone on the forum from the Sth Hams area of devon?
a few of us from sth coast forum are coming down in sep and i fancy the Hope cove area mainly due to the very nice Pub. light tackle sessions
hopefully spinning and Float fishing and maybe
The estuary near frogmore (that little bridge?)
Kingsbridge quay for mullet?
Anywhere actually around Hope cove?

oh and is the Quay (kingsbridge pub) still trading?
also worth mentioning are east portlemouth, thurlstone, mothercombe, bigbury/burgh island(good pub here!) and start point.... :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
dont forget Slapton and the Start Bay Inn:)
true... also the cricketers on beesands, although i never catch anything much there:uhuh:... also there is a good tackle shop nearby (chillington):)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Burgh Island? no thanks matey i got married there and am desperately trying to forget it. the only thing worth remembering about that unfortunate day was firing a champaign cork at a helicopter whos dickwad pilot found it funny to hover at the height of our balcony so he could perv at my ex wife. had it been a bullet i would have had him right between the eyes:g:.
pub at slapton is bang on with the food.

Beesands? while on leave a good few years ago i was at a fete there with some squadiies and i witnessed my sister become "champion welly wanger of Sth Hams, I also took out a female tourist who wandered into my welly line of fire (i quite happily administered my own first aid and took the girl for a drink in the pub (well what could i do?)

finding the good pubs is not a problem but the fishing was not on my list of things to do back then, thanks to the info i have recieved publicly and via PM i may soon rectify that, if i can avoid the Pubs:blink:
thanks all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts