World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good night ray session down the South Hams last week, between three of us had one small eye, three spotted and a blonde plus loads of dogs, a pout, and a rockling and two eels in the prawn trap. All on live sandeel and live prawn.

Pretty chuffed to be fair, nice to catch a few different rays from the same venue. My mate had a seagull fly into his line with his reel on click at one point, it sounded like he'd hooked a sailfish! Gutted once we realised what it was.

Anyone got any hints on some shore tope marks in the south west? fished Trevose head using live mackerel and a balloon float last week, good fun but no joy unfortunately.

·
Registered
313 Posts
well done on the rays mate. Gonna have a go myself this w/e any size to the rays?. Were you getting many prawns in the traps. Went spinning for a couple of hours into firestone bay last night didnt have anything but saw a couple of gar being caught.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No huge rays, the biggest was about 5lbs. Got plenty of prawns in the traps using old manky sandeel for bait, I was fishing a bunch of about 5 of them on a 2/0 hook. Only started catching the ray when the tide started to push, just doggies on the ebb. Good luck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well finally made it out to a south devon rock mark raying. It rained and what can i say **** **** **** ****. In fact it was so **** even the doggies couldnt be arsed to jump on the hook. Well youve gotta put the hours in!!!!! ( Thats what i keep telling myself anyway) :confused: :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts