World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished off the rannies off looe island today, was really slow 2 start only had a few mackeral. after a while i snagged a lance eel, so i set the spare rod with a rig and put lance just above the bottom and carried fishing top to bottom with me feathers on.... we started catching loads of mackeral whilst drifting back and forth, then i had one almight bang on spare rod. so i grabbed it and bought it 2 the surface it was a 4lb 2oz pollock.....
we carried on catching makeral then just before we came in i landed a cuttle fish, which was as big as my fore arm. but we put it back in. anyone know if they r any good 4 anything???

·
Registered
866 Posts
fished off the rannies off looe island today, was really slow 2 start only had a few mackeral. after a while i snagged a lance eel, so i set the spare rod with a rig and put lance just above the bottom and carried fishing top to bottom with me feathers on.... we started catching loads of mackeral whilst drifting back and forth, then i had one almight bang on spare rod. so i grabbed it and bought it 2 the surface it was a 4lb 2oz pollock.....
we carried on catching makeral then just before we came in i landed a cuttle fish, which was as big as my fore arm. but we put it back in. anyone know if they r any good 4 anything???
yeah there good for conger and huss fishingwell done :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
They're not bad to eat either if you like squid.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Cuttles are great bait; and good to eat too - much better than squid IMHO.

But beware of the ink. It will make a grand mess of your boat.

SS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts