THIS POST IS BY MISS DROWN LUG

[Start Time:]18:00
[Finish Time:]01:00
[High Tide Time:]04:00
[Weather:]brisk westerly easing off clear night
[No of fish caught:] 12
[Species of Fish Caught:] pout,sole,eels,flounder,smut
[Bait:]lug and rag
[Comments:] went to try my hand at south pier again as its not my favourite venue, i always get beaten here and tonight was no exception, luggy had 8 fish to my 4...but i had the last laugh...chalk one up for the girlies hehehehe I managed 2 cracking soles one of which we thought was 41cm but when measured once was dead and we could stop him wriggling was actually 43cm well happy my best sole ever i followed this with one of about 37cm...pics of below.....both fish caught on rag from the harbour side.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
By me reckoning that's a touch over 2lb, bloody nice fish that! Well done!

Looks like there's a few coming out up and down the coast this summer. If the weather stays as it is today there might be a few more showing too.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Nice one, good size at 43 as mentioned must be on the 2lb mark.
Favorite fish for me the Sole, had plenty this year in the 1lb 1.5lb range, but most have moved off the venues around the Thames now.
When do they start showing in your area, and do you find they like the farmed rag better than lug as they do in the Thames.

WWoll

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one, good size at 43 as mentioned must be on the 2lb mark.
Favorite fish for me the Sole, had plenty this year in the 1lb 1.5lb range, but most have moved off the venues around the Thames now.
When do they start showing in your area, and do you find they like the farmed rag better than lug as they do in the Thames.

WWoll
they started showing late may early june round here...and earlier in season they were taking lug and rag cocktails, 2 weeks ago they prefered lug and this last week or so they have been coming on rag and leaving the lug alone!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts