World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all can anyone tell me how sth sheild pier is fishing and whats getting caught . going there on sunday .cheers all :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
I was on there last Saturday, started off on the "44" and had coalies up to 36cm. As the tide turned I moved to the roundend, had a couple of small codling and lost a very good fish when my line snapped handlining it up the side of the pier :wallbash::wallbash: Saw a few other codling coming in once it got dark, I was using ragworm and other lads had crab.

Very few Mackerel caught though there were plenty trying, think I saw about three landed for about 30 odd man hours of thrashing away with the feathers...

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
did you get to see your fish before your line snapped how big was it ?
I've no idea to be honest, didn't see it but I'd guesstimate at least 6/7lb and possibly much more. With hindsight I should have walked it round to the steps, it also didn't help that it was my first session on the pier since moving back form the south coast and my gear was set up for beach fishing rather than having a decent length leader for lifting a fish up the wall so I still had a bit of 15lb to go before getting to the 80lb stuff.

As for the parking it is £2.30 for the day I think, just don't do what I did and park at the pier head as they lock the gates at midnight. It is a mile along the pier anyways so an extra hundred yards from a different car park won't hurt.

·
Registered
558 Posts
hard lines on the fish i,ve done the same it,s a bit of a bummer but thats 1 more fish 4me to catch i, give you ur hook and sinker back of course lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts