World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be up in S Shields around the 7th of April for 3 or 4 days, have only fished the last bit of beach far right, have fished this 3 times with no joy. Can someone recomend to me a beach mark close by? or maybe the pier? or maybe the red/white lighthouse as have thought each time I blanked that I should have tried these! I also need a reliable supplier or good quality fresh lug in Shields, if anyone can help on either of these matter I would be much obliged. P.R man

·
Registered
326 Posts
The link from hibdogg is bang on, I've fished the pier a few times now but not the beaches. Pier has been good for me although have not caught owt of size. Some good dabs though and plaice were starting to show until this latest snap of weather. Not sure how that will effect them but reckon someone on here will defo know.(may be dabcatcher ??) I have seen some sizable cod come from the pier, its just that I aint caught any YET. I have been told by a few lads on the pier that the little lighthouse you mention is a tackle graveyard and to be fair I haven't seen anyone fish it while I have been on the pier.
hope this helps a little.
Pete.

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
The link from hibdogg is bang on, I've fished the pier a few times now but not the beaches. Pier has been good for me although have not caught owt of size. Some good dabs though and plaice were starting to show until this latest snap of weather. Not sure how that will effect them but reckon someone on here will defo know.(may be dabcatcher ??) I have seen some sizable cod come from the pier, its just that I aint caught any YET. I have been told by a few lads on the pier that the little lighthouse you mention is a tackle graveyard and to be fair I haven't seen anyone fish it while I have been on the pier.
hope this helps a little.
Pete.
this weather will effect the plaice fishing for a while.

plaice only like clear water, although the odd one may turn up. the dirty water will push them back out but not far. looking out to sea you will sea where the clean water meets the dirty. as soon as it clears they will be back in and hopefully more and bigger.
the winds for the rest of the week are from the east so the water will clear, all except the shoreline. on a pier though the tide pushes any dirty water up the beach so it can be clean on the end.

sheilds is so long a good tide can push a lot of water back so even now it could get clear on the end at the right corner over high tide.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I thought you would shed some light on this dabcatcher, you must have put some very serious hours into this sport. Its not often someone who knows as much as you will share that knowledge so freely. Keep up the good work fella.
Reckon if I keep reading your threads I might sus out how to get a cod next year!
many thanks,
Pete.

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
I thought you would shed some light on this dabcatcher, you must have put some very serious hours into this sport. Its not often someone who knows as much as you will share that knowledge so freely. Keep up the good work fella.
Reckon if I keep reading your threads I might sus out how to get a cod next year!
many thanks,
Pete.
it hasnt worked for me this year. just cant work them out. and havnt got the time to be down every day.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well it seems that there are still a few to be had if you know where to look, reckon you will pull a fat one out of the bag before it dies off completely.
Fish every day.................... I wish! only manage about once or at most twice a month so will enjoy the spring and summer fishing, then come Next October til March will be armed to the teeth with as much knowledge and reccie work as possible, gonna get one worth weighing and filleting.
Pete.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The J.V site was bang on. need some fresh bait shops and numbers now if anyone can help.P.R man

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
[QUOTE="My God Cod";578527]The J.V site was bang on. need some fresh bait shops and numbers now if anyone can help.P.R man[/QUOTE]

Hey do you want me to catch you some fish to mate??? :bleh: only joking bud all i do is blank lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is anywhere In S Shields fishing well, I am fishing this Friday or Saturday, anywhere! as long as I don't blank again over here I will be happy. P.R man

·
Registered
326 Posts
The pier has always been good to me, if all your bothered about is not blanking scale down on hook size and target the flatties, they usually oblige. Go back a few pages in this forum and look for dabcatchers instructions on his rig design. They work a treat by all accounts !!
Good luck fella.

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
[QUOTE="My God Cod";592609]Is anywhere In S Shields fishing well, I am fishing this Friday or Saturday, anywhere! as long as I don't blank again over here I will be happy. P.R man[/QUOTE]

you might not be allowed on if the winds dont drop. the gate will stay locked.

the walkway back from the groin has been giving coalies with the odd codling but mainly small.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What about the beaches ? Right, near the rocks. or the long beach right of the little lighthouse ? Worth a try or not ? P.R man

1 - 20 of 24 Posts