World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
century tip tornado sport. greys apollo mk3. 2 penn fathon 15 reels. 2 penn battle with braid.
canny turn out and and just the one small whiting , WOTS :unsure: going on SSP

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When Things Were Better
Reg you wouldent recognise the place from when we used to fish. the pier is the same the tides are the same Approximatly ONE MILE out to sea even the dabs are undersize. this has been the norm this year. over the winter the returns JUST one or two fish has taken first place very few codling been cought this winter
lets hope things improve.
DSJ 馃

Registered
Just 300m east of the end of the pier are2 wrecks and I managed to get over one in my kayak in late August and it was stuffed with codling around 2-4lb along with pouting. This summer was really great at times with plenty of codling up to 5lb or so pollock to double figures and lots of other fish, haddock and grey Gurnard turning up. Lots of tiny codling, coalie and whiting in the Tyne too.
No idea why it should be as poor at this time of year but it will go quieter still before we get the sandeel and launce returning in May and the other fish following them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes the fishing was good uptil October but several of the members of the local boat club have mentioned two dutch super trawlers working the coast. I can only think this is relevant. I think i will join the rest and hang my gear up for a while 馃槶
dsj 馃

1 - 9 of 9 Posts