World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I fancied a spot of Plaice fishing so it was off to Shields pier to fish at the first gate. The Mackeral anglers were doing well and I saw quite a few pulled in next to me on spinners. I had two unexpected catches the first was a 2lb Codling and the second was ............supper. :fishing:

It's been years since I caught a lobster and they give a canny fight.

I also landed a small Flounder and a Mackeral that mistakenly took my beaded trace as I was winding in. No Plaice turned up for me though, maybe the wet weather had them running for cover.

Lobster thermidore here I come. :roll1:

·
Registered
453 Posts
so what baits today dave to get them lovely specimens

we seem to get a few good lobsters off seaham pier and you are right they do put up a good fight well done lewis

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Well done Dave, you did better than me mate, i went there Monday for the first time ever & it was shut!! I could have got round but just had a few casts there. Nothing doing so i left after a couple of hours. An oldish guy & grandson had been there a while & hadnt anything either.
Sods law.

·
Registered
301 Posts
omg dave nice catch well i is having squid for me tea tomorrow lol not a touch on lobster but not fishing at moment so might as well eat it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice catch JV I fished shields pier for first time on wednesday put the feathers on inside bay first cast small pollock next cast another small pollock then deceided set second rod to bottom fish bait used lug & maccy first cast lobster nothing from then on
Miss jambags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts