World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alreet All,

had about 4 hours fishing from south shields pier today. Fished south from the rail end, as per Vikings top marks, left about 8.30 not having caught a thing. The few people i spoke to didn't seem to have had much luck either.Thought it might have been 3rd time sea fishing lucky for me but obviously not. I friggin hate it when those ragworms grab onto the hook and you end up pushing them onto the hook inside out, poor b******s.

Anyway, good luck all on your next trip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blanking in the 1st 3 sea fishing shots hasn't put me off yet, i blanked on my last freshwater visits to kielder and derwent so maybe this is the year of the sh*t fisherman for me, although i hope to rectify that with a trip to scaling dam next month. If not, I would consider using dynamite to increase my catch haul although i would need to hire a boat or at least a pedalo to scoop up the fish. I did watch a fishing programme on discovery not so long ago where this bloke was trying to catch a big freshwater fish in india, he was told by a local that someone had fed a line from overhead power cables into the water to stun the fish.

Any tips on north east fishing marks nearby to the national grid would be welcome :)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
ragworm turning inside out seems a bit harsh ,is there a reason for that ,is the hooks are too big or is the rag just that crap that kept in peat

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
If youve got Crabs & Worms its no wonder youre feeling a bit iffy mate.
Sorry Paul,couldnt resist.

you should of probably tried the 44 mark fishing south or the first gate fishing into the bay........was going to hit the pier today but been feeling a bit iffy so crabs and worms are still fine and i'll use them up during the week sometime

·
Registered
453 Posts
Alreet All,

had about 4 hours fishing from south shields pier today. Fished south from the rail end, as per Vikings top marks, left about 8.30 not having caught a thing. The few people i spoke to didn't seem to have had much luck either.Thought it might have been 3rd time sea fishing lucky for me but obviously not. I friggin hate it when those ragworms grab onto the hook and you end up pushing them onto the hook inside out, poor b******s.

Anyway, good luck all on your next trip
i normally nick the side of the head with scissors that way you feed the hook through the nick rather than through the head either that or use a baiting needle like i do makes life a lot easier also if you have a couple of baiting needles you can bait them up read piece of cake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts