World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have heard some talk of cod being caught of cardiff foreshore, but no luck my self in recent weeks. a few whitting and conger though.. Im fishing the foreshore tomorrow night though so I'll let you know if I have any good bites.... there is a cold snap comming next week though so that should see the first ground frost .. always good news for cod

Regards

Ja5on :ph34r:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi

There are a few cod starting to show. I had 2 on Saturday boat fishing off Cardiff forshore, fairly small though the biggest was about 3lb. I've heard of a number being caught around the 10lb mark but typically only a couple per boat trip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fished out of Penarth on Saturday 16th.

What a day!!

4 of us managed over 70 Cod with the best tipping the scales at 27lbs 9oz, all fish fell to squid and it was non stop. Took us over 2 hours to fillet the fish, three trips from the dock to the car to load up.

On the way home both rear tyres exploded due to the excess weight in the boot, we were rescued by a coach load of pole dancers on their way to Cardiff, they even took us home and gave us private dances all the way.

Carlsberg don't write fishing reports, but if they did.....................

:p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fished out of Penarth on Saturday 16th, 4 cod on board, two doubles at 10 3/4 and 12 1/2 lbs, plus plenty of the usual dogfish and a couple of whiting. We were fishing on the ebb of the second biggest tide for this wineter - it was really ripping through at a heck of a rate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts