World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all iam fishing for 2 weeks in june 2005 on the gower south wales my main base will be three cliffs bay , my question is has any one shore fished at this bay if so could he or she give me any feedback on the quality of fishing iam to expect many thanks.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Its not exactly the "hot spot" of Gower, you will pick up the odd flounder & maybe a school bass or two, without a doubt night tides will produce far better than daylight, normally the last hour of the ebb & the first 2/3 hrs of the flood are the most productive.
Hunts Bay just east of you (accessable from Southgate car park) is a better venue for bass & good peeler collection area, (rough ground). West of you is Port Eynon & Oxwich, fishing from either point can be productive (spinning), Overton Mere further west another good spot, & Rhossilli Beach again at night (when the surf is DOWN, if you can hear it, its too high, fish it on a small tide preferably) I have always said that if the increase in tide height is greater than 18" in a day in the tide table, forget Rhossilli.
Apart from baiting up for you I cant help any more.
blueskip

·
Registered
188 Posts
I agree with blue skip apart from (Three cliffs )an underestimated mark,travel light as its hell of a walk a take a good look in the day if you intend to fish in the dark is my advice. cheers jury

1 - 3 of 3 Posts