World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out tonight to a easy mark to get to had about 50 rag and 20 lug just wanted to get a bit of fresh air to be honest:) .anyway to cut a long stort short drove to top of whitsands had a look over and the surf was about 2 feet and clean:clap2: didnt want to go to my normal spot so carried on the road for a few miles got to the spot at about 7.30 and was fishing by 7.45 had 9 bass 3 keepers and a gut hooked one missed loads of bites lovely clean surf all night and not a drop of rain to be had . Going again tomorrow to show SS how its done :kissing: Didnt take my camera so no pics :uhuh: but if we have any tomorrow will take a few and post .

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had my 1st bass of the year last night well 2 actually, only schoolies, both came to fresh lug which i dug in the morning, so to me that's more rewarding when you haven't had to pay for it, mind you you dont half stink after:yucky: i'll try and use the rest of it tonight.:clap2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gutted...... I knew I should have gone to whitsands last night. Me and jayb decided to go to downderry instead to fish a mark we have never tried. It was a waste of time because there was a lot of weed being blown in. Had some beautiful big freshly dug lug and one doggie for jayb was the final tally.

Whitsands one day this week I am thinking. May be see you out rich.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went snorkeling sunday, near Lantic bay, and came face to mask with a Bass I'd estimate to be around 8lbs. There were schoals of sandeel about so I'd guess he was after those. Also some big wrasse (4lbs?) and pretty big dogfish. :)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
well done rich, i was down f range with my old man last night, had one small bass and a few bites. had to buy bait from st beaudex, which wasn't up to there usual high standerds, no where near as good as fresh. The surf was a lot smaller down there only a foot, if that. going to try to get out later in the week, but the tides are going to be late for the rest of the week, so might not make high tide.

did you have most after high? we left about 9.30 cos the old man doesn't like fishing in the dark (he's from up north).

well done again, look's like you'll do 100 easy!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
well done rich, i was down f range with my old man last night, had one small bass and a few bites. had to buy bait from st beaudex, which wasn't up to there usual high standerds, no where near as good as fresh. The surf was a lot smaller down there only a foot, if that. going to try to get out later in the week, but the tides are going to be late for the rest of the week, so might not make high tide.

did you have most after high? we left about 9.30 cos the old man doesn't like fishing in the dark (he's from up north).

hope the bass is running nothing on north coast dead have fun

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

hi bud i did look at f range but it looked a bit small there so went to the frying pan had fish right through from 7.30 till 12.30 whan i packed up had a call from ss saying hope you get 10 lol stayed to long really last hour it went dead

·
Registered
146 Posts
Went snorkeling sunday, near Lantic bay, and came face to mask with a Bass I'd estimate to be around 8lbs. There were schoals of sandeel about so I'd guess he was after those. Also some big wrasse (4lbs?) and pretty big dogfish. :)
I was fishing just round the corner from lantic bay on saturday (lansallos) and my mate saw a bass cruising through the rocks which he thinks could have been a double figure fish. Sounds like this bit of coast is well worth a hard fish for the silver beasts.

How's the water at the moment for snorkelling? I aint been out yet this year, to be honest because it still seems a little cold but I think the next sunny spell I will have to get wet. I will be wearing my hood though!!! The water has been crystal though so I bet the vis was awesome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Deano.

It was mighty cold - I've only got a 'Trago Mills special' summer wetsuit (!) but the vis made up for it.

I've caught a bass Llansallos way, and now I've seen this biggie I'll be back! Where are you based? I'm in Mixtow (Nr Fowey).

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
there was quite a lot of weed around down FR there too, that fine light green stuff. i'm sure if that wasn't there we would have had a couple more.

were thinking of going later in the week if your up for it, but will have to fish low water up by the looks of it, due to the late tides,

would the fishing be any good on the push?

take it easy, sam

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Deano.

It was mighty cold - I've only got a 'Trago Mills special' summer wetsuit (!) but the vis made up for it.

I've caught a bass Llansallos way, and now I've seen this biggie I'll be back! Where are you based? I'm in Mixtow (Nr Fowey).
I'm from liskeard.

Your a braver man than me going out this time of year and with a trago wetsuit...... well thats near insanity!!!

Think I will have to venture out soon though. Its a hard life having so many hobbies, never know whether to snorkel or fish? I think my next investment will have to be a camel or a pack horse. I shall name him Curtis:g:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Went out tonight to a easy mark to get to had about 50 rag and 20 lug just wanted to get a bit of fresh air to be honest:) .anyway to cut a long stort short drove to top of whitsands had a look over and the surf was about 2 feet and clean:clap2: didnt want to go to my normal spot so carried on the road for a few miles got to the spot at about 7.30 and was fishing by 7.45 had 9 bass 3 keepers and a gut hooked one missed loads of bites lovely clean surf all night and not a drop of rain to be had . Going again tomorrow to show SS how its done :kissing: Didnt take my camera so no pics :uhuh: but if we have any tomorrow will take a few and post .
nice one rich

·
Registered
936 Posts
sorry to bother u lot but im currently at plymouth university and am a keen fisherman. Ive fly fished for many years now and have heard about the saltwater fly fishing action u can get down towards this area. Heard u can catch mullet, bass, pollock etc etc and am tempted to give it a go. However i kno of very few spots and travelling far isnt really an option due to being a skint student and not having a car. New1 have ne ideas on where to try? Id like to give this ago although im considerin just givin the fly fishing a miss and buying a cheap sea fishing outfit but not sure what to get.
Any ideas and comments wud b greatfull.
j

·
Registered
317 Posts
thats cracking Rich.:notworthy :clap3:

Just taken a look at the beaches along this part of the coast!:g:

excellent bit of ground!:clap3:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
sorry to bother u lot but im currently at plymouth university and am a keen fisherman. Ive fly fished for many years now and have heard about the saltwater fly fishing action u can get down towards this area. Heard u can catch mullet, bass, pollock etc etc and am tempted to give it a go. However i kno of very few spots and travelling far isnt really an option due to being a skint student and not having a car. New1 have ne ideas on where to try? Id like to give this ago although im considerin just givin the fly fishing a miss and buying a cheap sea fishing outfit but not sure what to get.
Any ideas and comments wud b greatfull.
j
I think your best bet is to ask the same question in the Salt fly, lure and plugging section.
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

1 - 19 of 19 Posts