World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off down to the SW of France next week, done this trip may times, but never really done much sea fishing whilst there.
I'm not far from Hossegor which I know has a good port with lots of fishing boats, fist question is, what species are being caught from boats at this time of year, also what methods and what kind of price are french charters?

Will be taking my beach casters, I've seen bass swimming in the surf whilst I've been surfing so I know they are around, also seen some large, odd shaped round fish being caught many years ago? What should I expect, bait, methods, any advice welcome!

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hi Tony
That far south as well as the 'conventional' species that we encounter then other things like Bluefish and, perhaps even, Little Tunny may be encountered. And perhaps it was Bluefish that you saw in the surf? They have an impressive set of teeth!

Offshore, although perhaps slightly later in the year, private boats would target Tuna and also, very occasionally, White Marlin. Blues do show up in some years but I can't ever recall anyone having landed one.

Now that unfortunately is the sum total of my knowledge!

Try searching through back posts. I vaguely remember someone talking about shore fishing from Biarritz. So it might be worth sending him a PM?

Other than that I suspect take your basic shore and boat fishing gear and, unless anyone else comments, rely on buying terminal tackle when you're down there. In terms of the Bass and the Bluefish (?) though you may want to consider taking some spin gear.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts