World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning at 5am (yes 5am!!) and headed out west with my little brother for a bit of fishing hoping for bass, wrasse and pollack. By 7:15 we were both firing surface lures left, right and centre but with no return.

After about 30mins plugging away I found a beautiful little spot, the textbook "bass mark" with mixed weed/rock/sand. Had a few casts with a storm chug bug and then started to wade out slightly...I had literally walked 3 steps from the shore and stopped dead: right infront of me about 5 yards from the shore were two bass both about 4lb lazily circling in water less than a foot deep.

My heart was already racing and I stealthily(!) walked out of the water hoping to have a cast before spooking the fish, unfortunately while I was creeping out of the water the current had dragged my lure into a clump of weed - I contemplated cutting the line, tying on a new lure and looking for the chug bug later but the thought of losing a £9 lure wasn't a good one and instead I tried to slowly drag it out of the weed and ended up spooking the fish - bu**er!! To add insult to injury when I waded out after spooking these fish I chased another this one bigger, looked about 6lb (3 fish in as many steps! :uhuh:)

After this we picked up some ragworm and headed for the rocks, where we each landed 3 wrasse to about 1 1/2lb and I had a small corkwing, my brother also picked up a wee pollack spinning. Other than than a fairly uneventful day but an enjoyable one none the less. No pictures I'm afraid, had my camera with me it was just the lack of photograph worthy fish :blink:

p.s - to cap the day off, while spinning before we headed out for wrasse I slipped on a rock and ended up on my ar$e in the water as sea water poured down the back of my chesties...brilliant :D

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Good report Lewis, I think we were fortunate with the weather today after the heavy hailstone showers this morning. Just a pity your young brother did'nt have the camera when you decided to join the fish, that would have been a worthy snap.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
unlucky m8 not a blank

but a wet bum:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

ps how far west m8?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep not one of my better moments! Luckily the weather was alright and my clothes dried fairly quickly :)

Tack4, way west :) Pm'd you mate :fish:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
bad luck with the bass lewiss , still knowing there in the vicinity is nice to know ,:g: would have made a good pic if yer bro had got a snap of you in the drink :clap3: i,ll be down your way next weekend if your around stop off for a chin wag, be having a go for the tope overnight an then a trip with ian on the sunday!:yeah::yeah:

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
nice report ther lewis.................nice to see some wrasse about now, didnt get any last week down your way:unsure::unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts