World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip on South Coast (Sussex/Dorset) on Sunday 19th Sept. I will be traveling through Southamption in the late morning/lunch time.

Can any one advise me of a tackle shop/bait supplier who is open on a Sunday morning? Ideally after fresh Rag and Lug.
Regards
Mike

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Poingdestre's Angling Centre
10-12 Cannon Street
Shirley
Southampton
SO15 5PQ

Tel numbers

Mail Order 023 8051 0077
Shop 023 8077 2958
Fax 023 8077 3841

I'm sure they stock lug worm but you may want to call them first.

Dave.

·
Super Moderator
23,549 Posts
Poingdestre's Angling Centre
10-12 Cannon Street
Shirley
Southampton
SO15 5PQ

Tel numbers

Mail Order 023 8051 0077
Shop 023 8077 2958
Fax 023 8077 3841

I'm sure they stock lug worm but you may want to call them first.

Dave.
check their bait isn't farmed before you go there, they soimetimes use this when fresh bait running low

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
not southampton but lonis angling centre in new milton open 9 til 1 on sundays sell rag not sure about fresh lug but definitely frozen lug

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bells of Hythe mate have always got decent worm in. Much better than poindestres as they are farmed. Open til 12.30 on Sundays. Not sure on the lugworm mate but always got plenty of fresh rag in.

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
23,549 Posts
If you can be a bit more specific I'm sure there will be a shop that dodesn't take you off your route too much...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok being specific. I have an appoinment in Bitterne park Southampton at 1400 on Sunday 19th Sept.

I would like to collect worm bait prior to this.

My travel route is A429/M40/A34/M3

·
Registered
867 Posts
AL's. Bridge rd Woolston, Tel 02380446222, Ive used this shop for years and always had decent bait.
I'd agree with this one... Ragworm is always good and is freshly dug, not farmed.

Very few (if any) shops in or around Southampton stock fresh (blow) lug but it may well be worth ringing in advance to see if they can get one of their diggers to get some for you as a special order.

Around this time of year Al's also starts getting regular supplies of fresh Blacks (wrapped) but again, you need to phone to find out availability for when you are coming.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ok being specific. I have an appoinment in Bitterne park Southampton at 1400 on Sunday 19th Sept.

I would like to collect worm bait prior to this.

My travel route is A429/M40/A34/M3
In that case, Al's is probably the nearest anyway, being only a mile or so from there... not sure on Sunday opening hours though... Best to just give him a ring.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oops Sunday 18th Sept.

I have contacted Al's bait and Tackle he is open 0800 to 1200 on Sunday. I am on a tight schedule on that morning, and it would only take a hold up on the A34 and i would miss his closing deadline of 1200.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

·
Super Moderator
23,549 Posts
Yep, Al's Tackle as above.

If you're desperate for fresh lug, Rovers in Fareham get them most of the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts