World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a mark near the docks lastnight from 1900 to midnight.
Ended up with loads of pout and whiting, a good pollock of nearly 3lb ,3 doggies and a nice dover sole just shy of 2lb.
Good evening untill the wind became a bit to much.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ended up with loads of pout and whiting, a good pollock of nearly 3lb ,3 doggies and a nice dover sole just shy of 2lb.
Hi Jumbo, nice mixed bag worth the effort well done, did you catch the sole on worm?

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Where abouts in the dock area were you?

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Oh yeah I fished there a couple of times this year, had one large edible crab and a small pout or two.

You get some good bass there too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice to have a mixed bag
well done on the session

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great sesh you had there m8 and a nice fat wall slapper to boot as solehunter said time to get the sole gear out last year we had our first one in april .

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Fine session there John, most impressive mate :notworthy A nice sole too, a species that I hope to target fairly soon. Heard Calshot is a bit of a belting sole mark.....do you know anything about the place?

Best Wishes.

Andy. :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fine session there John, most impressive mate :notworthy A nice sole too, a species that I hope to target fairly soon. Heard Calshot is a bit of a belting sole mark.....do you know anything about the place?

Best Wishes.

Andy. :)
Never ever fished Calshot mate.
Its very rare i venture down southampton way ,lastnight was a first for the town quay.
I know a belting mark in Pompey dockyard though.:)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Nice session mate, nice sole, bet you were pleased.
I can only quess that it is because of the mild winter the fish have stayed inshore longer.
john

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Nice session mate, nice sole, bet you were pleased.
I can only quess that it is because of the mild winter the fish have stayed inshore longer.
john
Must be mate, though i`m not complaining about the catch.....that gives me the green light to have a bash!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts