World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having some success with clare on the bass a few nights ago we decided to have another go last night. launched at crosshouse quay around 9pm, quick blast up the Itchen to see some friends on a house boat, what an awesome place to live :cool:

Darkness soon fell and we headed back down to dockhead to feather up some mackeral. We must of tried for nearly an hour and only managed one ::) one wasnt going to be enough bait for the night so a quick blast up to the ontainer berths to see if the were feeding up thier but no such luck there either.

So back down to dockhead and try again, managed to get a couple more. we decided not to waste anymore time and to make do with what we had, so we went to our mark and tied up.

We dropped our hooks baited with fresh mackeral chunks and sat in wait.......
nothing doing for a couple of hours and we were starting to loose faith. poured myself a cuppa then my ratchet screams, lifted my rod and struck into the fish at which point was already trying to take me under the obstructions, after a few seconds i felt my line go solid, then i could feel my line scraping on the barnicles back and forth while the fish is trying to run, as anyone knows a heart racing moment. I managed to pull the fish back out and pump him up to the surface before he could get round the obstructions again. clare got the net and slipped it under this beauty ;D ;D ;D

8LB 12 oz A new PB for me and what a fish ;D

So back down with the biats in anticipation of more but with nothing more than a sniff by 4AM we decided to call it a night.
so we headed back down southampton water and decided to have a quick try for mackeral near the esso jetty on our way back to the home.

The fish were certainly feeding but it was mainly pesty school bass, clare was getting a string of em a chuck ::)

She also managed a couple of scad aswell, a new species for her

went back up the hamble and was on my work mooring for 5am
what a brilliant night ;D
tightlines, scotty.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great report, well done to you both hope Clare wasn't asleep when you were catching. Great result for you both well done.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
nice 1 m8, cracking bass. that boats got to be better than slumming it on t/q:yeah:

·
Registered
307 Posts
great bass scotty, a 5lb an 8-12 on ya boat in the space of week,think there be some more good reports from you both soon. you said it was quite for few hours so how on earth did you stay awake for so long ha, ha..think you must be getting immune to the sleeping pills clares been slipping in your cuppa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts