World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son wanted to fish with me for the first time in a long time, so took him to Southbourne in search of sole last night. Set him up with a two hook flapper and baited with rag. Meanwhile I set up a rod with sandeel for any possible ray or turbot and also a sole rod for myself.

Well before long my son's rod was tapping away so got him to reel in to find a small bass on the end. Then I reeled in to find a tiny plaice on mine. A couple of casts later my son's rod was going again, this time a double shot of mackerel.

my son reeled in again a while later and said "Is this what we're after?" and I turned to see his first ever sole on the end. Then it was my turn to get one, the same size. And finally he had another, the smallest i've ever seen Lol. Here's some pics, notice the knackered look on his face by the end Lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Nice when you take your lad with you.....just as nice when you take your grandchildren with you.I am very fortunate to have 11 grandsons 5 I take course fishing when work permits and 3 have shown an interest in shore fishing(costs me a small fortune)but I love every second of it.Nice picture of your lads bass.Pete.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well done Gary,looked like you and your son had a good session
All the best
Chris

G

·
My son wanted to fish with me for the first time in a long time, so took him to Southbourne in search of sole last night. Set him up with a two hook flapper and baited with rag. Meanwhile I set up a rod with sandeel for any possible ray or turbot and also a sole rod for myself.

Well before long my son's rod was tapping away so got him to reel in to find a small bass on the end. Then I reeled in to find a tiny plaice on mine. A couple of casts later my son's rod was going again, this time a double shot of mackerel.

my son reeled in again a while later and said "Is this what we're after?" and I turned to see his first ever sole on the end. Then it was my turn to get one, the same size. And finally he had another, the smallest i've ever seen Lol. Here's some pics, notice the knackered look on his face by the end Lol.
Well you found the sole alright matey... we might have been better off at southbourne.

Will & I will be out again soon, we should all do a sesh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts