World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Has this been a fantastic year for fishing on the south coast so far?

• Yes, better than recent years.

• The pout & dog fishing is about the same.

• No, recent years have been better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve Harder, Matty Pitter and I all nipped out for a short session and my old Dad even came along for a bit of fresh air.

We had small eyed's, sole, mackerel, bass, turbot and even a codling of 3lb 8oz which went to Steve at only 30 yards.

The spot had been on my black list for a while, but to be fair, a bit of surf was running and it was a pretty good night. The weed was minimal and there was zero crab activity.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Some really nice fish there, there certainly seems a few reports of early codling along the coast, bodes well for the Autumn/Winter.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow,can you shoo a few across the water Chris we`re struggling over here,cracking session fella,well done all......Alan

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have voted yes as it seems it has been for other people but for me it's been awful haha

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll be looking for a new challenge soon Chris - this fishing thing is getting too easy!
I think there is still plenty I need/want to catch, I'm not there yet. But I am pretty depressed. I keep watching tuna and shark videos from Australia and USA ... . . .

Britain is the Spurs of world fishing. We can see the champions league on TV, we're almost never in it though.

Fortunately I am gearing up for some trips abroad to do some shore fishing within the next year. Hopefully I can catch a few overseas and capture the experience on video without saying anything too crass like "yeeeee haaaaaa" or "fcuk yeaaaahhhh" when I land a fish.

I can dream anyway....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a great nights fishing you had
I'll take that from my local beach, I'm not in love with the place. The banker at the moment is sole. Cheers

Good work! It's not been great the last few times I've been there.
Last 2 weeks have thrown up all sorts, so we thought we would try. Thanks

Cracking session Chris ........ really nice mixed bag.

Cheers,
Dave
Yes we all wondered what would turn up next. Cheers

Some really nice fish there, there certainly seems a few reports of early codling along the coast, bodes well for the Autumn/Winter.
Chesil since mid July. Bodes well... But will we see the lunkers visit next month. I have heard of an 8lb'er so far. Cheers

What a great mixed bag or quality fish!.
Cheers Pete. Steve showed us up as usual with the surprise fish. He did predict it too.

Great report Chris. Gives me great optimism for Barton tonight!
Yes maybe some rays down there.

Wow,can you shoo a few across the water Chris we`re struggling over here,cracking session fella,well done all......Alan
Cheers Al. You'll be back on the fish soon.

Well done gents
Cheers Dave. Enjoyed your session the other day with the triggers and bream while everyone else was picking up a blank.

I have voted yes as it seems it has been for other people but for me it's been awful haha
I think each county has had its moments, Sussex late spring, Hampshire early summer and Dorset has been good late summer. If you haven't been fishing when your region has been going well it's been tough. I have done "ok" in Hants, but caught a cold in my one trip to Sussex this year.

Fortunately Autumn can be fantastic.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm waiting for Sussex to come good again lol and Kent. Live/work in hants but don't fish live in Sussex at weekends when iI all my fishing unless I'm on leave then iIet some midweek sessions. Think my issue has mainly been fishing rubbish conditions purely because that's all iIhave had chance to fish. Not had a session for a long time where I have rubbed my hands with joy lol

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Nice variety of fish there, very well done.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That's a cracking result for southbourne. It has been fishing its tits off from the kayak recently with good Rays bass and turbot so every chance of the odd big undulate or thorny coming out from the shore too.. Nice to see a bonus codling too!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Another cracking session there mate..... I agree, this has been the best year I've ever had by far!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think there is still plenty I need/want to catch, I'm not there yet. But I am pretty depressed. I keep watching tuna and shark videos from Australia and USA ... . . .

Britain is the Spurs of world fishing. We can see the champions league on TV, we're almost never in it though.

Fortunately I am gearing up for some trips abroad to do some shore fishing within the next year. Hopefully I can catch a few overseas and capture the experience on video without saying anything too crass like "yeeeee haaaaaa" or "fcuk yeaaaahhhh" when I land a fish.

I can dream anyway....
we do have some big stuff worth fishing for kennedy .the speedier toothy ones are next on list :) (no, not tope)
cheers rab
DSCF4552.JPG

great catch report by the way, turbot very patchy up here this year,and try as i might ,i cant find a lemon or dover :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts