World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
strange old conditions, flat calm, wind off the shoulder and dirty water, not too weedy though.
took just a bass rod and some frozen pout that refused to swim to freedom......... long story short, I blanked. had one moment of brief interest, but nothing doing.......... pout head stolen.

is it just me, or staring at a motionless isotope for 4 hours against a grey sky with no reference points sends me a bit cross-eyed?

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,649 Posts
No its not just you mate , often your eyes will get affected if staring at a motionless object at southbourne for any length of time .:)

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I'm nearly wearing glasses 24/7 and I'm sure it's from squinting at a rod tip for hours on end. Hard luck on the fish front. I still need a sole

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Hard work aint it mate,had endless Ray sessions down there without so much as a robbed bait....is it just me or is this season the worst ive known it along there in the 5 years ive lived Near Ringwood....I try to get there at light to see if there is nets further out...but cant see any......just not happening......did have my only sole the other night, a slip but at least added it to a poor years tally...........as a glasses wearer its bad enough in bad conditions but I do the same as what I do on the rivers when using snap lights....I sit at an angle so each light sits just above the other in your vision against a black background.....you get to see wave nod...weed nod and the unmistaken movement of drop backs or pull downs.....Gazza

1 - 7 of 7 Posts