World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie ... did the Double ***** last night (so to speak) and had a right mixed bag of nails. Fished from 7.30-12.30, wind south easterly and dropping, a bit of surf, dying.
First up, two undersized plaice on rag; then nothing till past high water, then a small pollack, on rag, and then a spider and lots of pout. Two doggies in succession, one on rag one on pout, and finally, just as I started packing up, a great screamer of a run that turned out to be a smoothound of 4lb 12oz on rag. Which was nice. Beautiful fish in very good condition.
Just a whinge: for family reasons I was unable to dig bait yesterday and the size of some of the rag being sold, even by reputable dealers who pride themselves on bait quality, is appalling. I scoured the area, from Weymouth to Christchurch, and ended up with mostly undersized worms. The hound took the only big rag I had in three parcels, more than 140 worms. I know, I know ... next time I'll skip birthday lunch and dig, but if vermo-paedophilia were a crime, I can finger several suspects. So to speak.
You have been warned!

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
at least you had some decent fish.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Must be warming up for the Dabsters visit on Sat

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
more like the depthchargers visit!!!!:)
Careful, I might have to refer this to my mate the Mod.

It goes something like this:

Yes but, no but yes but, Sir, Sir, Chesil Master said this Sir!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Just a quickie ... did the Double ***** last night (so to speak) and had a right mixed bag of nails. Fished from 7.30-12.30, wind south easterly and dropping, a bit of surf, dying.
First up, two undersized plaice on rag; then nothing till past high water, then a small pollack, on rag, and then a spider and lots of pout. Two doggies in succession, one on rag one on pout, and finally, just as I started packing up, a great screamer of a run that turned out to be a smoothound of 4lb 12oz on rag. Which was nice. Beautiful fish in very good condition.
Just a whinge: for family reasons I was unable to dig bait yesterday and the size of some of the rag being sold, even by reputable dealers who pride themselves on bait quality, is appalling. I scoured the area, from Weymouth to Christchurch, and ended up with mostly undersized worms. The hound took the only big rag I had in three parcels, more than 140 worms. I know, I know ... next time I'll skip birthday lunch and dig, but if vermo-paedophilia were a crime, I can finger several suspects. So to speak.
You have been warned!
Well done on the session - shame about the bait. Personally, I will avoid shop baits if I can, but can vouch for the bait in Lonis in New Milton - good advice as well - I am not connected to the shop in any way, but if travelling a distance to fish down here, they are well worth a look.
Mart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts