World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished at the bottom of Portman Ravine from about 8pm til 11pm.

Fished a mackerel head on one (untouched) and mackerel strips at distance on the other. Most of the fish took the hook with a flouro pop-up on it about 12" off the deck.

Pretty much a ting a chuck, but sometimes it took them a little while to find the bait, so it wasn't like there were millions out there but a relief that at least some life seems to have returned to my bit of beach!

Will try the next weekend for something flat with worms.......... May have to book a boat trip over the shambles to feed my habit for the flats??

Tite lines

Registered
Fished at the bottom of Portman Ravine from about 8pm til 11pm.

Fished a mackerel head on one (untouched) and mackerel strips at distance on the other. Most of the fish took the hook with a flouro pop-up on it about 12" off the deck.

Pretty much a ting a chuck, but sometimes it took them a little while to find the bait, so it wasn't like there were millions out there but a relief that at least some life seems to have returned to my bit of beach!

Will try the next weekend for something flat with worms.......... May have to book a boat trip over the shambles to feed my habit for the flats??

Tite lines
I am avoiding the Bourne due to the Whiting plagues.....I went down a few weeks back and had the same as you.

I am tempted to give Hengistbury end a go if this weather improves more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.