World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
anyone got any latest reports from southend pier and marks around there im going this week and just wanted to know the best place to go
any info would be great cheers

·
Registered
465 Posts
helpimafish, you travel to Essex???? The peir is fishing quite well, feather up a few small Macky or scad and fish them live on stout tackle as close to the legs as you dare. A few very good Bass are caught each year like this.

Regards Ryan. :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi the tactics I use is use a 12ft beach caster, make a feather rig spreading 3 or 4 hooks evenly over 50cm shorting the hook lengths to suite with 1 or 2oz weight. I would fish the left side on the dog leg, as the tide comes in and rises you can lower the tackle and let it get dragged under the pier, feathering as it goes under, when you feel a fish just pull, if you get snagged let a bit of slack the hooked fish will assist the snag release. I've had loads like this. You do lose a bit of tackle to start with but you seem to get better at getting out of the snags, the secret is the further under the bigger the fish but you have to pass loads of small stuff. You catch Bass, Mackerel, and horse mackerel, if you want you can get herring from the pier before the arcade. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts