World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know any good fishing marks around southend on sea or canvey island area if so what species can be caught best bait tides rigs tackle.
also is there anywere down there that u can specifically fish for bass ray or doggies
cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi helpimafish

I have fished southend a few times,, through the day I would say your best bet is the pier. The trouble with that is it closes early midweek and at the weekend it is packed. If you try it you should have a good chance at Bass and the mackies should be around. I was there about three weeks ago, the small bass were about but there were only a few reports of the odd mackeral. I ended up with a tiny flounder! The bigger Bass are normally found very close in around the end of the pier. Try behind the coast guard station at thevey end.
Off the shore, I would say close to the Jetty opposite Jetty Anglers would be a good bet but I would not try that late in the evening. The local wild life at Southend beach is much more distrubing than any Chesil ghost can be!!! lol
Out of town, going east, Shoebury west beach is reported to be a place to try. I have, and had no joy! Mind you I have not given up on it ,, I will try again.

Cant help you on Canvey,, never tried there but I would like to hear from anyone that has.

Cheers
Good Luck
Kyle

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought I would just add a quick update.
I was on the pier yesterday. Nothing much around till about 1 hour after high tide and then it picked up. Lots of horse mackeral (shad?)and schoolies, some big ones in there as well. It was quite amazing to see. They were just in one spot under the pier where the current was really flowing. Lost a lot of gear because when ever something bigger took the feathers, I just could not keep it from being dragged under the supports. Oh well it was worth it!
I should also add that I have never seen it like that before,, funny old game

·
Registered
447 Posts
go to gunners pk in shoebury, right up the end of the road park up, hole in fence leads to ex military pier, cast out to the left about 90yds nice little hole plenty of schoolies, or trie under the jetty for largger (few snags though), in thorpe bay fish the right hand side of the bastion about 200yds past the castle pub, cast out about 60 yds(watch out for the mooring ropes though) some nice flatties(plaice and dabs) eels, schoolies. on canvey ge onto the island and head towards knightswick garden centre, at the round about do a left follow on up the road until a set of lights where the road foks, take the left fork and then go straight to the end of the road you will see the lobster smack pub, park there and you will see some stepr(metal) go up and over the sea wall and infront of you is scars elbow, any where off there, schoolies etc again. thats about all i've got to tell about me home turf, hope it helps you out mate, good luck :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
southend angling centre opposite the pier always has rag /lug crab some times
jetty anglers just up the front near sea life centre has frozen crab 50p each

hope this helps if you want some one to fish with let me know

good luck
mick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts