World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
hi its patchy at the moment fished it on monday was very slow but was told it fished well on an early tide on saturday guess it will pick up when the wind
dies down and get some southwesterlys
hope this helps
mick

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mick
do u know how to go about catching bass off the pier eg bait tackle rigs also does the pier close at anytime and is there any other marks worth fishing
cheers

·
Registered
384 Posts
the pier is open from 8 15am to 9 30pm first train 8.30 pelercrab is the bait tackle
pulley rig fish the end of pier but i have to say it is very snagy i only ever fish the stem at the station you can walk the pier 1 1/4 miles and fish any were along it between the first and second shelter is where they hold the matches.
or theres the blackwater crouch or canveywall also walton on naze pier which i am told is fishing ok

mick
ps midday to late afternoon tide is best
if this n/e wind drops a bit i will be on the pier tomorrow :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Guys,

Fish a live bait as near to the legs as you dare heavy tackle and a tight clutch is the order, some very big bass fall to live mackerel or scads.

Ryan. :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
helpimafish, 25lb+ line all through, plain bomb and a big hook through the top lip, lower over the side letting the tide take the bait under the pier, hold on and wait for a big un :D
Ryan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts