World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been fishing southerndown lately, been thinking for a while now of having a crack down there, and what is being caught if any.

Never been there fishing before and would like to know if i would be wasteing my time

thanks

philster

·
Registered
55 Posts
Havent fished it in the spring / summer. I fished southerdown severaltimes before christmas - off the sand - from low to high.

The sand is very flat so a good cast is needed at mid to low tide. (i'm afraid my cast isnt really up to it - so I tend to wade in until the water starts going over the top of me wellies).

When the tide comes in - i've caught more off the rocks to the right of the beach (prior to chrimbo - all whiting). I guess you may already know it - but there is a risk of being cut off if you do fish off the rocks on the far right.

Now the seasons changed - I'm certainly going to try the beach again. Will report back when I do.

I've resisited night fishing the beach after hearing stories of safety problems leaving ya car there at night... dont know if thats still the case.

Do love this beach - and would love to think theres a chance of catching off the beach into the surf...

Please report back if ya going / if youve been.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
southerndown is a nice beach, summer fishing can be extremely good, its a nice spot, but can be a bit of a trek. never fished the beach itself, but to the left you have witches point, the left as you look straight out in front of you i mean, the pointed piece of rock, you can get many rays from there, i like it further to the left again on the ledges, i av had mullet to 4 and a half lb, bass around the 6lb mark, and plenty of skate over the years, you are obviously fishing on2 the sand solosses are really to a minimum, a really nice place to fish, and i think u will enjoy it. giv it a go, last i heard they were having doggies from there, but the skate are starting now, so you never know........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.