World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been fishing southerndown lately, been thinking for a while now of having a crack down there, and what is being caught if any.

Never been there fishing before and would like to know if i would be wasteing my time

thanks

philster

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I have thought about fishing southerndown beach but never have. I've often wondered if the fishing would be similar to that off witches point, where everyone seems to go.

maybe we should wait and see what some of the other forum members think

·
Registered
55 Posts
Havent fished it in the spring / summer. I fished southerdown severaltimes before christmas - off the sand - from low to high.

The sand is very flat so a good cast is needed at mid to low tide. (i'm afraid my cast isnt really up to it - so I tend to wade in until the water starts going over the top of me wellies).

When the tide comes in - i've caught more off the rocks to the right of the beach (prior to chrimbo - all whiting). I guess you may already know it - but there is a risk of being cut off if you do fish off the rocks on the far right.

Now the seasons changed - I'm certainly going to try the beach again. Will report back when I do.

I've resisited night fishing the beach after hearing stories of safety problems leaving ya car there at night... dont know if thats still the case.

Do love this beach - and would love to think theres a chance of catching off the beach into the surf...

Please report back if ya going / if youve been.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
southerndown is a nice beach, summer fishing can be extremely good, its a nice spot, but can be a bit of a trek. never fished the beach itself, but to the left you have witches point, the left as you look straight out in front of you i mean, the pointed piece of rock, you can get many rays from there, i like it further to the left again on the ledges, i av had mullet to 4 and a half lb, bass around the 6lb mark, and plenty of skate over the years, you are obviously fishing on2 the sand solosses are really to a minimum, a really nice place to fish, and i think u will enjoy it. giv it a go, last i heard they were having doggies from there, but the skate are starting now, so you never know........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies guys :D

I will possibly be giving it a crack during the next 2 weeks, got my 2 weeks holidays and got plenty of time on my hands

philster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts