World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, how is everyone?
Does anyone know if southerndown beach is good for catching bass in the surf?in the summer

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ive had bass there but not on beach, on the left of witches point, u also get mullet on float, or av ad 1 of 4 and a half pound on a nice large strip mackerel m8.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
meant 2 ask u guys if any 1 nos at all, if the parking at southerndown is still safe in the night. if it is, wen fishing piks up i am gonna av an evening up there. i no it used 2 b good for whiting, but not heard many cod comin off there, i think i had 1 yrs ago..ive had plenty skate and bass in summer. but the parkin i want 2 no about. thanx every 1..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Someone told me that the carpark gets quite busy at night with all the dogging that goes on down there or i mite have miss heard , he may have said dog walking.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I,ve parked there all night and had no problems with my car , but who's to say what when and why these people most oppourtunists will nick your pride and joy.
I parked at Aberavon at the naval end one night two years ago and returned to find my Beamer gone.
I have parked there for the best part of twenty years man and boy as they say ,and have continued to park there since, its on the day or night .
Pendine has a real reputation for car theft and it has caused me to stop fishing there at night.
cheers jury
Buy the way the Beamer was never seen again .

·
Registered
113 Posts
fish witches alot have had no probs with my car,can be a good bass mark in the summer,also a good cod mark in winter ,but still catching rays off there in numbers at this time of yr

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thanks all, still catching rays, strange, its the same with yhe bass i hear. perhaps they r now the winter fish, and cod and whiting in the summer. yesssssss, weve found the ansa to where r all the cod r gone..heehee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts