World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few crab left from recent outings, so down to Southerness today in the hope of a fish or two. flounder or bass it mattered not, just to make up for yesterdays blank at Carsethorn. Fished last two hours of the ebb, and first two of the flood. Again two rods with two hook flappers baited with crab. Strong Easterly blowing, and sea looked good. Very clear, could even see the hermit crabs wandering about in the shallows. Glasgow fair, lots of people about but not another angler as far as the eye could see. re-baited every 15 mins. but to no avail, not a touch. Work tomorrow so will be glad to get a wee rest.

·
Registered
254 Posts
would have been that way my self jack but tides didn,t fit my sparetime,catch you later in the week for a wee bit drownining worms?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done for trying:clap: we cant win them all bud. Better luck next time your out:thumbs:

Steven

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done for trying:clap: we cant win them all bud. Better luck next time your out:thumbs:

Steven
Yes as Donald says the tides were wrong, yet the pull of the sea was too strong to resist. An old adage from the ancient Piscatorial Society was " There is more to fishing than catching fish" I think that is a brilliant way to look upon our chosen sport.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have fished loads of wrong conditions, as you said the pull of the sea is to strong to resist. I often stand there knowing im fishing at the wrong time as i cant stop myself. Ive caught loads of fish at these times also, so i dont think i will change my ways soon.

Steven

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
unlucky jack

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
your lucky still to be getting crab, getting smaller and harder every week. roll on the Autumn

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
your lucky still to be getting crab, getting smaller and harder every week. roll on the Autumn
You are correct, very difficult to get sufficient for a days sport. Spent an hour yesterday replacing large stones to their original positions, big slabs with weed growing on top, overturned and the weed begining to rot. But next time I look, they will be upturned again. This coming Fri. and Sat. the tides are fine, so with a few crabs if possible plus a few lug might be fortunate and contact a few plaice and bass. Hibee is off, and sandyhill will probably come along also. Just hope the weather improves for the weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts