World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow i managed to set my clock last night so my alarm went off at 04:15 am instead of 05:15 and didn't notice until i got halfway to my mate's house :blink:
Got down to the mooring just after 6 am and there was a brisk N/E wind but i thought i'd get out to pompey entrance to see what it was like and go from there. They did forcast a N/E F4 and thought if i fish close in i should be ok. On the way out had a txt from Salar saying it was blowing a hooley round in Langstone but i continued out.
Got out to 'the mark' and it was supprisingly calm so we fished rag/squid/limpet hard on the bottom with no luck. Slack water came and the boat was swinging all over the show, very annoying.
I moved out about 1/4 mile to another mark, it was abit more uncomfortable but bearable especially when i saw the smallest little rattle and resulted in my 1st fish of the day at 1-12-0

After about half hour or so later i went to rebait lifted my rod and it went banana's. Minute's later i landed this 2-0-0

Shortlt after i said to my mate we'll move in to have a cuppa and cook summit to eat. Picked up the rod and again it went mad. This was slightly smaller about 3/4lb but the bright orange spots were amazing. I never got a pic as it was getting abit too rough.

Moved in shore had a bite to eat and then had a slow motor back.

The 2-0-0 was not caught where the pic was taken. The pic was taken when we got in abit of shelter.
If anyone would like to know where i caught them please feel free to pm me but to be honest they're catching plaice all the way along the front at all different state's of the tide it's just hit or miss!!

2nd trip out on my boat and 2nd trip out i haven't blanked.............. No i'll take that back just incase.
Arron

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Nice one (or three) Arron. Got the boat bug now? Could get expensive! It was a very brisk North Easterley and at 6am the marina flag was stiff as a board. As it would be a 6 hour wait if I got out there and changed my mind, I just didn't fancy it. Instead I snoozed in my bunk for 4 hours (and when was I last allowed to do that? Luxury...) and listened to Arron's periodic updates on the mobile. It's called proxy fishing and very comfortable on a cold March Sunday I can assure you. I'll try harder next weekend, promise!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts