World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,i have been fishing off the beach at southsea now three times in the last fortnight and caught nothing.i have fished two hours either side of high tide,been using a two hook clipped up flapper and baiting with rag,squid and sand eel in various combinations,i have been casting 80yards plus and still no fish?has anyone got any ideas or advice.thank you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi scott phone allan watson at allans marine 02392671833 he has his finger on the pulse of local shore angling in the area. good shop to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Scott,I fish southsea or Eastney at least once a week and have done so for the last 3 months,I have never caught anything in daylight only at night ,last week we had pout,whiting ,rockling etc,Where abouts you fishing? Day or Night ? what bait r u using?
Marto

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Marto,
thanks for the reply,I have been down on eastney beach,behind the sea life centre,in front of the still and west in old portsmouth and on eaststoke on hayling.on the beaches been using a two hook clipped up rig,and baiting with rag,squid and sandeel in various combinations.old portsmouth using a pulley with a pennel and whole medium squid or rag/squid combo.since spoken to those nice chaps at A&S fishing tackle,and a few other clever bods on the subject,seems fishing during the day,as i have been aint to good this time of year-hence you got some nice fishies and i didnt,and i think my other downfall is the fact i have only been going out and fishing two hours before and two hours after high tide.anyway high tide at 0844 this sunday so off behind the sea life centre at 0500 and we will see!I am trying a rig i invented (thats a bit grand)myself,its a clipped up pennel on 30lb 2.5 ft snood,using squid and sandeel combi with a clipped down 20lb 1.5 ft snood on the top to fish rag/fish strip/squid combis,i have got beads and sequins on the pennel and its all lovingly cushioned with those clever SRT springs!!and if that doesnt work it will be out with the pulley or the 2/3 hook clip downs again.i have been told they are getting turbot,brill,doggies,some other flat stuff,even rays at the mo plus all the usual.TA

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think I must be getting a bit confused. I thought that the beach between the sea life centre and the pier was Clarence Beach. Think I may have been misadvising i some of my reports. If that is the case, sorry to all. I have had some good fish just off the sealife centre prior to Chrismas. Caught a 5lb bass off there just prior to Christmas and have had another few. All have fell to plain squid baits with the most effective traces being a running ledger and pennel rigs. All caught at different distances, although I reckon they will most likely be closer in at that venue, near the rocks and the steps.

So where is Clarence Beach and Victoria pier?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya Jackson,
i have been in southsea since 1987 and the way i understand things is that Clarence Beach is the stretch from the fairground at the top end of the common where the hovercraft comes in,to include all that shingle stretch to just before the sea life centre.never heard of victoria pier though!Eastney beach is the stretch opposite the royal marines museum,i think it stretches from south parade pier(roughly where eastney ends) and goes all the way east to the point,opposite hayling island.hope this helps,ta ta scotty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts