World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to wet a line for the past couple of weeks so i was itching to get out tonight. Conditions looked great when i arrived at Southsea Castle just before 8.
Bumped into a guy called Dean and had a chat with him. Don't know if you're on the forum mate but nice to meet you.

Was set up and fishing by 8pm, one rod at distance, 3 hook flapper baited with rag and squid hoping to catch a live bait and one rod 10 yards out with whole squid. Bites from the off on the flapper, turned into a steady stream of smut pups, 6 in total.

Things had quietened down a little just before high tide when i missed a stonking bite on the whole squid.

A little after as i was retrieving my other rod to rebait i got snagged in the rocks at the shore and had to pull for a break, had i lost my leader i may have called it a night, but as luck would have it the rig gave way first.

Spurred on by the big missed bite i went for broke a clipped a 4/0 pulley in place and flicked it out just beyond the rocks. Not 5 minutes later the rod tip when berserk and after a short but vigorous scrap i landed a nice plump little bass of 46cm weighing just under 2.5lb's.

I fished on for another hour or so and missed a couple more decent bites at close range. Packed up at midnight, tired but happy.

Apologies for not providing on location pics, in laws are borrowing the camera for their holiday and had to wait until i got home to snap one on my girlfriends iPhone :doh:

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Great catch and report mate!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys, it was a good little sesh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.