World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all has anyone fished around southsea this week just wondering what the weed is like and have the ting population hit the beaches down there yet as i fancy a bash for bass and cod hopefully on sunday wishfull thinkin i know lol cheers for any advice kieran tight lines guys hopefully this weather has stirred it up a bit:g:

·
Super Moderator
23,729 Posts
Mate, I don't really fish the local beaches anymore but I'd be v surprised if it was worth any concerted effot for Cod on Southsea beaches. If you're willing/able to travel there are better options.....Re the bass, slipper limpet dropped in short, or big live/dead baits is prob the way, sorry can't be more specific thought I'd get the ball rolling, there are a few regular and knowledge anglers that often reply to this type of question, prob ourt fishing but hopefully you'll get a more detailed reply soon.

Good luck. :thumbs:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mate, I don't really fish the local beaches anymore but I'd be v surprised if it was worth any concerted effot for Cod on Southsea beaches. If you're willing/able to travel there are better options.....Re the bass, slipper limpet dropped in short, or big live/dead baits is prob the way, sorry can't be more specific thought I'd get the ball rolling, there are a few regular and knowledge anglers that often reply to this type of question, prob ourt fishing but hopefully you'll get a more detailed reply soon.

Good luck. :thumbs:
thanks mate was thinkin bass as this weather should stir it up abit but we can always hope of a few more cod lol cheers again tight lines

·
Registered
20,784 Posts
Hello mate,
I can't really offer much help, but most of the guys I know down that way have been fishing either in Sussex or Chesil for cod recently, so I've not heard much from Portsmouth at all. But as bens said, you're probably better off targeting the bass in that area.
All the best and good luck

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yep if you want cod buddy, you'd be better off heading down to Chesil or Dungeness. Although u do get the odd one now, the Solent cod run on the beaches tends to be early season. As far as bass goes, couple of places you can try. Eastney usually throws a few up, and as Ben said either try slipper limper close in, or a livebait (this will pick out the better fish). The other spot to try would be freelining a livebait round the rocks by Southsea castle, get some big bass that way. TBH during daylight I wouldn't waste your time on Pompey beaches this time of year, all you will pick up (if anything!) will be the odd pin whiting and rockling. After dark you've at least got the chance of a better fish

Jim

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheer for the advice guys prob gonna head selsey way only fished it once before while camping at bunn any advice on parking as I hear bunn beach is a mess with building works road names would be great or postcodes many thanks kieran

1 - 8 of 8 Posts