World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right lads,

Mind has been made up with the reccomendations given on here over the last 2 days or so!

Southwold it is!!!

Anybody tell me where and what bait to get?

I hear there are Bass coming out so that effectivley will be the target species unles anthing else takes the bait! LOL

Will be there from 8am onwards on Saturday if anyone wants to join us for a session, aim to leave about 5.30pm ish??? Be nice to meet other forum members!!

Also need directions to the Harbour mouth as thats where we will be fishing please.

Thanks lads,
Rich:kissing: :kissing:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Oi! I was planning on going there! Bait wise you'll not get any in Southwold at the that time of the day, although you will go past a tackle shop on the way in I'm not sure what time they open. I was planning on crab and squid, although worm baits will offer a chance of soles (but night best for them).

Direction wise just follow the road from the A12 into Southwold and stay on it, you'll end up at the harbour mouth. I've seen some good bass in the river there and heard of them being caught, but only tried it once and never had any joy. Most people fish from the harbour wall at the river mouth and seem to do pretty well, be warned though it does seem pretty snaggy and the crabs will be out in force.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Rich,
As you enter Southwold the tackle and bait shop is on the right just past the cop shop Linda is the owner and she will sort you out with bait, personally i would go with squid and peeler cos the crabs will strip worm baits in seconds. Just drive straight through the town and you will come to the harbour.
Im working saturday morning but will hopefully pop down and see how you are getting on in the afternoon, tight lines mate,
Phil

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Might pay to order your bait to make sure of it.S/wold angling centre No is01502 722085.
Linda normally has a good selection of fresh bait as well as frozen,and if you order she may have some peelers.(Ask about price of crab first because they are expensive!!!)
Good luck,you never know whats going to be thown up now.I had a mate fished sunday morning at Dunwich caught a 9 3/4 Ibs brill.
no one was more surprised than him.
Tight Lines
Spratty:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
........I had a mate fished sunday morning at Dunwich caught a 9 3/4 Ibs brill.
no one was more surprised than him.
Tight Lines
Heck thas a good 'un Spratty. Definately a brill and not a turbot? Sorry I don't want to pith you off :), by asking.
I heard of another turbot off N/E Norfolk today. It was caught on Sunday and was a takeable "dinner plate".

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
more than a good un,if it was a brill it would beat shore caught record by over 2lb.,already holds turbot record would be a hell of a double for one beach.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hello B.J
I did ask the same question,"are yuo sure it's not a turbo",But he was pretty sure it was a brill
I didn't see the fish but he is a pretty decent angler,so i would say,that what it was.
It was caught early sunday morning,about 4.30am.
when i get a chance to see him and talk properly.I'll be able to give you more details.
I think he started off in the hope of an early morning bass session,but what a turn up.
Think I may have a little go myself this weekend!!
Don't know of any sole's yet though or at least great numbers.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Good old buoy. They are turbies btw :)
Cheers digger for putting a bit of perspective on the catch.
Perhaps you should get round his instantly just to make sure he hasn't scoffed a record fish:schmoll:
Nice to know there are a few r'soles in yer back yard.We got a few this way as well.:) Cheers.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Spratts. We need to quash the ol' rumour treadmill for fear of coach loads turning up for bugger all. The Tom toms are banging away on LL.
From our conversations, the fish was a brill :wiggle: but it was only a relatively small jobbie coming in under 2lbs.This is a great fish and not to be lost in the info you thought was pukka mate. 2lb Brill off a Suffolk beach - superb.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi BJ,
I've just been talking to Spratty as me and him quite often go fishing together and he told me he has been caught in a big wind up about the wieght of that Brill :doh:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Rich,

I supply Lindas bait in southwold, normally i deliver for about 815-830 on a saturday morning. If you give Linda a call she will be able to help you with any bait that you may need. Please order it in advance, it will make all our lives easier to get it for you.

Best Regards,

James.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It used to be but the council have erected metal rails from the harbour mouth to the end of the carpark so spinning is awkward but ledgering is still ok,at the end of the carpark there is a wooden bench this is quite a good mark to spin from as some good bass have been caught here mainly on an in coming tide using a black and orange rubber sand eel :fishing:

·
Registered
539 Posts
best method ive found for float fishing is to use quite a large float with the bait about 24" depth, best bait is squid main quarry is Bass but there are Grey Mullet here as well which will take a floating bread crust or maggot.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There was a young? angler called Spratty
on the forum one night was quite chatty
but the fish of great size
was nothing but lies
and now he feels like a pr*tty!!
Sorry guys.I was the victim of a wind up(bstd)
Hook line and sinker
It was a Brill But the size was somewhat exageratd
1 3/4lbs.Still a nice fish all the same
SPRATTY HAS ALSO LEARNT TO KEEP GOB SHUT UNTIL PRROF OF SUCH CAPTURES
Once again sorry for giveing out misinfomation
Spratty:oops: :oops: :oops: :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
There was a young? angler called Spratty
on the forum one night was quite chatty
but the fish of great size
was nothing but lies
and now he feels like a pr*tty!!
Sorry guys.I was the victim of a wind up(bstd)
Hook line and sinker
It was a Brill But the size was somewhat exageratd
1 3/4lbs.Still a nice fish all the same
SPRATTY HAS ALSO LEARNT TO KEEP GOB SHUT UNTIL PRROF OF SUCH CAPTURES
Once again sorry for giveing out misinfomation
Spratty:oops: :oops: :oops: :thumbs:
Is that a limerick Spratty? Like it, clever stuff. No matter about the other bit. :) :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts