World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original plans to go to Weybourne area put off by poor reports so decided to go to Southwold. Fished alone from about 4 pm until 1.30 am. on the beach near the cannons. Started well with a Bass on second cast. Picked up Bass on almost every chuck and caught 8 in total. Then the Bass went off and I caught Tings, then more tings and more tings. Unfortunately the Bass did not come back so the idea of waiting for a better one to take home didn't pay off, which was disappointing. Catch in total - 1 decent Sole and a tiny dogfish and between 50 and 60 whiting up to 32 cm ( I lost count after a dozen or so and lost count of the number of triples I had). Had to pack up fishing with two rods partly because I lost a set of gear and partly because I was knackered!. Good fun, lovely evening, lovely clear sky and I even saw a shooting star.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Original plans to go to Weybourne area put off by poor reports so decided to go to Southwold. Fished alone from about 4 pm until 1.30 am. on the beach near the cannons. Started well with a Bass on second cast. Picked up Bass on almost every chuck and caught 8 in total. Then the Bass went off and I caught Tings, then more tings and more tings. Unfortunately the Bass did not come back so the idea of waiting for a better one to take home didn't pay off, which was disappointing. Catch in total - 1 decent Sole and a tiny dogfish and between 50 and 60 whiting up to 32 cm ( I lost count after a dozen or so and lost count of the number of triples I had). Had to pack up fishing with two rods partly because I lost a set of gear and partly because I was knackered!. Good fun, lovely evening, lovely clear sky and I even saw a shooting star.
Know the feeling bud, had well into three figures in the last month:eek: Keep ya busy!:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts