World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished: 08.45 p.m. to 01.10 a.m. with Charlie and Nick. 6 rods and 13 hooks between three.
High Water: 10.47 p.m. approx.
Bait: Fresh lug, PC frozen black, squid.
Weather: Warm , SSE. Sea slight. Good colour.
Catch: 4 bass, 2 flounder, 2 eels, 1 dab.
Best fish: 2 bass 44cm and 41 cm.
Vermin: Bad, stripping hooks quickly.
Weed: A little.
Ground: Clean as a whistle.

I thought we were after a sole but he explained it should have been rougher than this so thought he'd bring a box of party squid. Then, first cast, he pulls the best fish of the night from just behind the breakers. All bass returned to fight another day.
The sole didn't show but nonetheless an enjoyable evening with several shooting stars lighting up the sky.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Some pretty spikeys there Nigel. Could you put anymore in the car and release anywhere north of Caister? Thanks. Lol

Im out tonight, mate from the midlands wants to go, first time I can remember that I really havent wanted to go fishing, B-all around! I think I'll invite auntie Stella along.:drunk:

Regards, Matt

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, it's been dire for me up on the shingle Matt, weeded out a lot of the time. Still, will keep on trucking as there is odd good 'un coming out. Good luck with it tonight mate.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Bass are always special no matter what size.

Did you make a wish Nige and did it come ture?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
BJ what is that silver fish in the middle of your picture. I swear I've seen it in a book somewhere before.
Unlucky on the lack of Sole. I'm might have a few hours on the way up tomorrow at my ol favourite bay on the Bavents. I fancy fishing light with the Carp rods or even at even closer range with my Avon rods and light line. Just wondered how the sea was and if I'll be able to get away with going as light as possible?
Tides small and was it as flat as it looks in the pic?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
TRy head hooking a ragworm underneath a decent quill Dan,then just let it drift around in and around the boats and jettys in the harbour.
You should get some real fun from the bassletts
Spratty

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Cheers spratty. I was thinking more about the Sole for tomorrow. I've given up the Bass for a bit - failure.
I fished the Sussex Ouse, a river thats supposed to bottom to surface Bass and blanked after trotting rag all afternoon. A couple of locals bagged up trotting live Prawns so I might dig the ol shrimp net out to try and get a few to supplement the rag before I have another go at river Bassing this year.
I'm getting wary after a long line of blanks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hiya BJ, at least you had a go down there,shame no soles, couple a nice spikeys tho, bin meanin to get there myself but the ole south pier seems to have a magnet

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thanks for the report BJ, I was thinking of heading to Southwold Friday evening to try for a Sole or 2 if the weather is OK.
Don't worry you haven't put me off ;)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers everyone.

Hiya BJ, at least you had a go down there,shame no soles, couple a nice spikeys tho, bin meanin to get there myself but the ole south pier seems to have a magnet
The other bits saved the day Ped. Beach has shifted a bit from last year and loads from the year before. I'm not sure whether the town stretch might be better?

Thanks for the report BJ, I was thinking of heading to Southwold Friday evening to try for a Sole or 2 if the weather is OK.
Don't worry you haven't put me off ;)
No trouble Mack. I guess HW is about midnight on Friday, looks like a good call. You should score now i've warmed 'em up for yer!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BJ what is that silver fish in the middle of your picture. I swear I've seen it in a book somewhere before.
Unlucky on the lack of Sole. I'm might have a few hours on the way up tomorrow at my ol favourite bay on the Bavents. I fancy fishing light with the Carp rods or even at even closer range with my Avon rods and light line. Just wondered how the sea was and if I'll be able to get away with going as light as possible?
Tides small and was it as flat as it looks in the pic?
Cheers
You'd have been alright with a whip mate. The Bavants would be my choice. Hope you catch. Best. Nige.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Cheers Nigel.
I'm gonna have a crack up the Bavents tomorrow eve with the Macketer. With the run I'm on a slip or a schoolie would do me fine, the old blanks are stacking up..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well done Nige, always good to see some Bass show up. Shame you didnt get any sole. I am sure you will find them next time. Do you think rag would have worked better??

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hiya Mack,

We went to Gun hill Wed evening, usual place, 5 rods between 3, fished from 6.30 - 11.30 only had very small basslets and a baby smoothy. No Sole!

O A
Oh Dear!
Well Dan and I are heading for the bavents under the cliffs mate, hopefully we'll find a few there fingers croseed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts