World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi chaps
set out with the full intention of pulling into my first sole this year, left james at 6.00pm with a load of rag and headed for the huts, now i,ll be honest i,ve never fished this end of southwold before and thought i,d try my luck
the sunshine was still glorious after the day we,d had but the wind was easterly so sea was very choppy and breaking out at the first bank so i really didn,t fancy my chances low tide was at 8.30pm so i thought i,d fish the last hour of the ebb then fish the flood back up
sat fishless till the tide turned and the water started moving again and hit a schoolie on my rod that was furthest out with mackeral and peeler on
then hooked a whiting of decent size shortly after that and another shortly after that
had a rod close in with booms on just in case any sole were around but didn,t see one all night
total count for the evening was 5 decent sized whiting surprisingly enough and two very small schoolies at about the 8-10 inch mark
there was absolutely no weed at all and very little vermin activity as rag were coming back fairly intact
will defo be having another go same end again lovely spot and cheers to james for the pointer but didn,t manage a sole
never mind allways next time

·
Registered
949 Posts
Soles in daylight on ebb are normally either just over the bank or just this side of it. Which means a good wack out. As the flood starts to run the soles are only 10yards to 30 yards max. Plety of ironmogery with the spreaders and french booms. Sometimes it pays to ave lu as well as rag cos they can be a bit fickkle some times and other times nearly rip yer rod of the rest.Fished there last saturday and had 3 nice soles and a few scoolies. Had one sole in less than 10 seconds of the lead hitting the water.Lovely spot Easton bavents end.
Dabslayer

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Nice report there Neil. Glad you liked the spot. I always think it's best after dark 2 up 2 down, with a bit o' mucky water for the sole.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice report there Neil. Glad you liked the spot. I always think it's best after dark 2 up 2 down, with a bit o' mucky water for the sole.
cheers nigel, will have another crack monday or tuesday night work permitting should still be some colour left in the water

1 - 4 of 4 Posts