World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jake, Fat Flounder and myself met up with RD and his deck hand brother in law (martin):clap: at the boat at 7.30am. The intentions for the day were to go and fish RD's old stomping ground 34 miles out and hopefully pull into some of the girls that he used to years before when he last fished it. The sea was virtually flat and we were soon at our first wreck 14 miles off, we tackled up with rubber shads and down we went. This first mark seemed a bit quiet even though fish were on the sounder, the only fish that I managed were 2 [email protected]@dy pouting. Jake on the other hand was into a fish that put a un-pouting like bend in his rod. He soon had his first and new pb ling of 6lbs rolling around on the surface.:clap3: The first codling that came aboard was to FF, the fish had him huffing and puffing like a goodun with all eyes on FF a 4lb'er popped up and was duely unhooked and released. By now poor ole FF was suffering a little bit from his antics the night before, too much of the wife (Old Growler) apparently at the local beer festival.:drunk: After a couple of foul hooked cod RD bit the bullet and we upped sticks as the water was a bit green and visibility was around ten feet. We arrived at our second mark some 6 miles further off shore to find the water alot clearer and blue. Down we went and we were into fish from the off. RD doubled our ling catch for the day with another 6lb'er and martin was busy pulling his fair share in too. Jake then hooked into something that had his rod bent double, a few mins later we saw the flashing of a decent cod and up popped a big double, a mad scramble for the net saw the fish shake her head and she was gone.:eek:hmy: GUTTED. I then boated a low double as did Jake, and FF was busy hauling in similar sized fish. Upon checking the sounder we noticed a huge shoal of mackeral pass under us, and being the ever prepared boy scout skipper that RD is he set us up on a drift as we followed the tail end of the shoal. Jake and I managed to pull about 20 or so in plus some scad, we were busy feathering while martin was cleaning the first couple of boxes of cod and poor ole FF tried to get as far away as possible from the smell.:yucky::yucky:. While we were enjoying our deserved break we were ambushed on our blind side by another boat out of the river and it was synchronised wrecking for a while as we jossled to get the best line for a drift. We all had a few more fish and then we decided to call it a day about 2.30 ish. We set off for harbour with jake and martin cleaning the remaining fish, FF on the front of the boat keeping out of the way of the smell and me chatting to RD, who decided he could do his job wearing a suit as martin was doing all the messy work. After Jake had finished the fish RD let him take the wheel for a stint since there was no pedestrians, trees or lamp posts to bump into. I am sure we did an extra 5 miles on the way back with Jakes slarlom driving.:crazy:
Another great day was had by all :fishing1:and the weather couldn't have been any better.
The final catch was 46 cod between 6lb and low double, with 20 or more smaller fish being released to provide another days sport.
Cheers RD, :boat:The only suited skipper in the river !!!!! :yeah:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Good one Paul
I just wish I had been there with you, but unfortunately i couldn't.:cry:
Hopefully next time:unsure:
Now I,m off to sulk:sad: and ponder what i might of caught!
Top job F.B
catch up soon
Tight lines
Spratty:thumbs:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Crackin report FB, you lucky gits, what a days fishing!
I have no sympathy for you phil, you'd never catch me over indulging, lol :drunk:
Well done to all mate.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
well done lads, looks like you had a good day

·
Registered
539 Posts
A good report FB i had a brilliant day even though the beer and hog roast from the day before made me feel a tad rough especially when Martin started to gut the fish:yucky:but i did manage to refrain from blowing chunks and ground baiting the north sea LOL.
WE could not of asked for more the weather was great, good company and a skipper who done his utmost to get us on the fish cheers RD:notworthy next time i will lay off the beer the day before LOL:thumbs:

·
Registered
130 Posts
great report fb wot a great day we had worst bit i think was me waveing good bye to the biggen. cheers to rd wot a exelent skipper cant wait till next time jake

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good company , good fish and good weather what more could we want
phil you did well not to part with any real ale,nice to see jake catch 3 new species . Thanks to frenchie for the report and my deckboy for his graft got to go now and order my new suit !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good company , good fish and good weather what more could we want
phil you did well not to part with any real ale,nice to see jake catch 3 new species . Thanks to frenchie for the report and my deckboy for his graft got to go now and order my new suit !!
:clap: DING A LING DIESEL !!!! YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. PLEASE-- NOT THE BIRTHDAY SUIT!!!!! WELL DONE BOYS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts