World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all

I've just joined the forum having lurked around it for a couple of weeks and have found loads of interesting and useful information.

I've heard it said that Sovereign Harbour beach at Eastbourne should start producing plaice in the very near future. Does anyone have any knowledge on baits weather conditions tide size etc to fish this venue? Or come to think of it any venue where plaice might be caught ? I'm based in East Sussex but normally gravitate towards Dungeness for my fishing so am a total novice for the beaches in the sussex area, er except Pett Level but that's it.

Thanks in advance.

Yam

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Crazyplums

What I was thinking of in general is that with weather as it is and s*d all colour in the sea the best chance of sucess this weekend might be with plaice. I tried last year at Jurys Gap (just east of camber) but by then the"may water" had appeared so no joy. I thought the building of the harbour at eastbourne had created an extra beach frontage that produced plaice, I think I read it in one of the monthly mags but then again they rarely seem to reflect reality on the ground.

Oh well might be worth a thrash, it's a change of scenery i suppose.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get the general feeling that there ain't alot occurring at the moment....

Edging back to dungie I think....but this wind and the predicted lack of any is a pain, hopefully it will turn to the west in the very near future. Out of interest the generally mild winter has meant the bass have remained at Dengemarsh with codling showing at the same time, in one instance on the same rig, strange days !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.