World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our latest Palace Pier Match on the marina today, with a healthy 14 anglers turning up. We drew numbers for the walk-off and i just so happened to pick out number 14. So whilst the other wandered off up towards the end of the arm i decided to fish inshore on peg 10.

There were loads of fish, but mainly small corkwing and ballan wrasse where i was fishing. I managed to winkle out 7 sizable fish, 1 mackerel, 1 pollack, 2 wrasse and 3 garfish for 4lb 8.25oz and a respectable 5th place.

When we met back up for the weigh in i couldnt believe the diversity of species that had been weighed in, there were Gurnards, Thick Lip Mullet, Wrasse, Mackerel, Garfish, Pollack, Scad, Eels, Flounders, Black Bream, Gilthead Bream.

1st Sam Sampson 9lb 3oz, 12 fish - Eels (biggest 1lb 5oz), Flounders, Wrasse, Pollack, Gilthead Bream 1lb3oz (joint club record).

2nd Mick Timms 7lb 11oz, 13 fish - Flounders, Eels, Black Bream, Wrasse, Garfish.

3rd Ben Arnold 7lb 4oz, 9 fish - Mullet, Wrasse, Pollack

4th Paul Finch 6lb 10oz, 8 fish - Wrasse (biggest 2lb 7oz), Pollack (biggest 1lb 4oz)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice mixture of fish there, well done to all :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts