World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>i tried 2 spin with me multiplia (mitchel garcia 602a) and the spinner didnt have enuf w8 nd ploped in the water in front of me nd giv is a birdy

can n e 1 giv is sum tips on how 2 prevent this o shud a jus stik 2 a fixed spool</font>

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I havnt a clue what size the multiplier is but small bait casting multipliers used for pike fishing are ideal for plugging and spinning.</font>

A

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>have a 3 way swivel on it mail line to swivel and a bit line from the other end of the swivel to weight then the midddle swivel ye should have the spinner tied onto some line as long as its past your weight, like double the length that the line is keeping your weight on. tie it to the centre swivel so the weight is helping keep your spinner down whilst letting your spinner run freely</font>

A

·
0 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>also the line coming from the weight /spinner should be lighter that your main line as im running 30lb on my multi and my rigs are swivel attached to another with 30lb line nd two hooks and a weight on 15lb because if one gets caught hook wight and its some distace out you will only loose one piece of equip instead of everything plus your main line</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Get yourself a decent fixed spool reel. Your multiplier is totally unsuitable for spinning anyway (some clever clogs is going to tell me they have used one). A very fine reel in it&#39;s day but very much a museum piece these days. If you absolutely have to use a multiplier then get a little baitcaster and learn how to use the breaking system properly. However, be prepared for it to corrode horribly as most are designed for freshwater angling.</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#000000'>fishingrhod me multiplia is workin perfectly ano its old but it is workin very well&#33;&#33;&#33;</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>also av got a few fixed spool reels but a prefer 2 use a multiplia a can get more distance on me casts</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts