World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be able to suggest a good setup for spinning and lure fishing - make and model of rod and reel would be very helpful. Not looking to break the bank but a mid range setup would be fine?

·
Registered
242 Posts
What's your budget mate?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Might want to try asking this in the lure fishing section. The guys there have loads of experience and would be able to point you in the right direction.

Me personally, I would go for the Grauvell Teklon Concept 802ml and a Shimano Exage, but I'm just an occasional lure angler, so no expert.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Might want to try asking this in the lure fishing section. The guys there have loads of experience and would be able to point you in the right direction.

Me personally, I would go for the Grauvell Teklon Concept 802ml and a Shimano Exage, but I'm just an occasional lure angler, so no expert.
Good call, that same setup was exactly my first proper lure fishing set up after being tucked up by the local tackle shop with a Penn so called Bass outfit, soon got rid of that and bought the Teklon.

The Teklon is a very good rod at a very reasonable price, and the Exage is a superb reel for the money, the two new Teklon Nano's I have just bought are very nice, could not try them out last weekend due to weather but hope to be out with them this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts